1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Twitter app that shares tweets via email

Last Updated:

1. delerium

delerium New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to find a Twitter app that will let you share tweets via email but not using Gmail. I would like to use an email account located on my domain & server, but the only option that appears to be available from the apps I have looked at is by using only Gmail.

I have looked at several Twitter apps, including Twidroyd, Touiteur, Tweetdeck & Seesmic - none of these let you use any email account except for Gmail.

I prefer not to use Gmail as it is both unreliable in sending and insists on CC'ing every email that is sent out, even though I have that setting disabled.

There must be some sort of solution to this - I cannot believe that you cannot use non-Gmail accounts for sharing tweets!

Advertisement
  2. delerium

OK, I've figured this one out - I've installed another email app (K9-Mail). This app shows up under the Share list selection of any app. Apparently the default email app cannot be listed on the Share list.

I hadn't thought of this since, coming from an iPhone, I was not used to this type of freedom :)

3. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

Twitter for Android allows sharing via K-9.

4. delerium

Yup, all apps can see K9 on their shared list :)