Twitter Application and Contacts Sync

Last Updated:

1. kustodian

kustodian Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 5, 2010
    Since many of you know Peep is not working and won't work until HTC updates the application, so I went to do the market and installed the official Twitter application.

When I first logged in it asked me do I want to sync with my contacts, I chose yes, even though I had no idea what it does. When I first called someone I saw what it does. While calling people at the bottom part of the contact image gmail status is displayed (froyo), well the twitter app replaces that with the last twit from that user, which I don't like, so I removed contacts sync, but it still displayed the last twit. So removed all data from the Twitter up and even uninstalled it. But, it still displayed the last twit. So I even went into the Applications->Contacts Storage and cleared data from there, re-synched contacts with google and now I finally don't see the last twit, but the status is now gone :mad:

I know this is a minor issue, but I'm very interested why this is happening and how it could be fixed.