Twitter/Facebook app

1. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member

Just trying out Twitter and wondered what are the best apps for bringing Twitter/Facebook together. Looking for something like friend Stream. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

I've been here before. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find one that I completely like. They're all pretty good, but:

Tweetdeck: Good for Twitter but misses Facebook updates, which means I have to keep checking the Facebook mobile site rendering the app pointless. Despite this, it's the best of a bad bunch.

Seesmic: Stable and reliable, but doesn't do notifications (i.e. when someone comments under your comments, it doesn't notify you of that)

Pure Messenger: Paid app, which I stuck my neck out and bought, but it doesn't work with Sense (there's a long thread somewhere else in which I explain why I won't use 3rd party launchers - won't go into that here) and to be honest it looks a bit messy on the screen.

So the best thing I've found is use Facebook for Android for Facebook and the official Twitter app for Twitter. I'll stick to this until something better comes out (or they fix Tweetdeck - but then again they haven't even got back to me yet about the bug).

Hope that helps.
  3. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member

Thanks for such a helpful reply. I have been using Tweetdeck and find it frustrating to be honest. I think Launcher Pro has a widget like Friends Stream but it is a while since I used it and can't quite remember and not sure if it does Twitter.

I think I will do as you do and see how I get on. I am new to twitter and to be honest can't see the point of it lol.