Twitter/Facebook widgets alone make LauncherPro worth the price.

Last Updated:

1. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In addition to what the title said, I also enjoy the fact that I can still use the Moto widgets that I liked.

Of course, all I've really done so far is set up my 7 home screens with icons and widgets. What else can I do with LauncherPro? I have the paid version, obviously.

Are there any other good widgets I can get from the market?

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Totally agree. First I had a paid calendar widget that LP obsoleted by integrating its calendar widget. Then I had a paid integrated Twitter/Facebook feed widget that LP obsoleted by integrating its friends widget. So on top of it being my most used application, for its $3 cost, it integrated $3 worth of paid widgets.

Between that and the swipe actions for the launcher (press to launch an app, swipe to launch a different app), I think LP is by far one of the most useful apps available.

My other favorite widgets are the Beautiful Widgets Smaller Home, and my Gtasks widget that keeps me abreast of what I have to do on any given day. I like the Mobile Signal Widget just because I enjoy seeing a numerical representation of my signal alongside the graphical one. And SwitchPro is awesome.

3. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

First thing I did was get rid of the text under the icons. Recently I customized my dock a bit for a fall theme. Going to make winter, spring, and summer next.

[​IMG]

4. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

How did you do all of that?

For example, how did you get those dock icons? I'm not sure I really dig the text clock, but the text dock icons (and even the leaf) look very nice.

5. quadjacks

quadjacks Active Member

Having no notification's kills this app for me. Having to unlock my phone to check for tweets sucks. waisted money as there was no info on the lack of notifications on the fb twitter widgets.

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

It's all done with LauncherPro. I found an icon pack on the LauncherPro forums and changed the colors in GIMP. I made the leaf from some free icons i found online, just resized it.

Oh, I just found the icon pack: Manup's Simple Word Icons

Text battery meter is BatteryStat I think and the clock is called Tajm.

7. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Pardon my noobishness, but how do I get the icons you linked to on my phone and use them? I assume I can connect my phone to my comp via USB and put them on my SD card from there? I'd like to avoid Dropbox if possible, because it's being uncooperative with my computer, for some reason.

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I just transferred them over (extracted out of the zip already, of course. not still in the ZIP file) to a folder called dock icons in my LP folder on my SD card. once you get that far just long press the icon on the dock you wish to change, choose custom icon, browse the gallery for the folder, select what one you want and you're done

I'd take some screen shots but I'm at work :-/

9. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Or go to the site from your phone and download them directly to it. You may want to get an app called "astro", it has the ability to extract and is far more friendly when it comes to searching for folders/files than the stock file manager.

10. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I referred to the gallery because that is what LP uses to browse when you search for a custom icon on you SD card

11. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

OK, and I was letting him know there is another way beside downloading to a PC and hooking up the phone to transfer files. I suppose I should have quoted the OP, but I don't like to overquote. :D

I also use Chrome to Phone, and FireFox to phone...so if I see a download I want, I click the button and the website gets sent to my phone. That way I don't have to search for it and I can just download the file directly to my phone without having to connect to a PC.

12. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I see. No problem :) I just didn't want to confuse them

13. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

14. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Have you went to the market and downloaded launcher pro? Then gone into the preferences and paid for the plus version? Cause until you do, you don't get those widgets.

15. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

What is that sticky note widget?

16. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Not sure if this post is directed at me or someone else, but yes I have the plus version.

17. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

What file manager are you using to browse for files on your phone?

18. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

19. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

I'm using Astro.

20. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

from astro find the file, click it, choose open app manager, click uninstall. Then repeat and this time click install.

If you've got some stuff set up in LPP, you may want to go to preferences and back it up 1st to make setting up your "themed" version easier.

21. dscottjr81

dscottjr81 Well-Known Member

Yea the widgets are my favorite also because they can be resized, but at the same time it takes foooooorrrrreeeeeevvvveeeeer to update. Does anyone elses widgets take for ever to update when updating manually?

22. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member

put the file on your sd card, uninstall llp, then find that file on your sd card, run it and it will install the themed llp

but you cant get updates for llp from the market with that theme installed so you have to redownload the theme everytime theres a new update

but they are very sexy and i use them lol

23. ShinigamiAlterEgo

ShinigamiAlterEgo Member

Yeah, I noticed that too. I've also noticed it takes a lot longer if there is like a day or so between when you last updated the widget. I set it to do automatically ever 6 hours (and manually do it if i want something more recent) and noticed it going a little quicker. However, something that does bother me is that sometimes some of the facebook updates don't show up and I actually have to use the facebook app to get it.

24. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member

i have also noticed this

25. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I found tweekdeck to be far more useful