Twitter for HTC SenseSupport

Last Updated:

1. danno1282

danno1282 New Member This Topic's Starter

I read that yesterday Twitter turned off Basic Auth in their API. This looks like it has affected the update of Twitter for HTC Sense.

As a result I am mainly using the Tweetdeck Android Beta, which is fine except that it doesn't have a widget and is still buggy due to its Beta state.

The official Twitter app is updating OK, but it doesn't have a full screen widget with a full screen list of Tweets, which is what I liked about the Twitter for HTC Sense widget.

So my queries are:

a) Is anyone else having this problem with the Sense widget, which seems to have onot updated since about 5.15 BST yesterday.

b) Whose responsibility is this to rectify, Twitter, or HTC?

Advertisement
  2. danno1282

danno1282 New Member This Topic's Starter

3. jsbombjack

jsbombjack Active Member

I emailed HTC support, and apparently Twitter are working on a fix at the moment.
    The note I got from HTC is as follows

Thank you for contacting us. In regards to your Desire and twitter problem. I can help you with that. There has been a change in the login procedures twitter is using and they have announced this as having essential maintenance and are working on a fix for it now. Thankyou for contacting HTC.

4. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

Thats complete bull though that reply. Twitter have switched of the authorisation method that Peep uses, and they're not ever going to switch it back on so Peep will never work until HTC update it. This goes for twitter in friend stream too.

After initially thinking that the pre-installed apps that come with Sense were really good a few months down the line I'm realising they're mostly pretty bad. The People app is riddled with bugs from forgetting your preferences to not updating facebook statuses, profile photos, friends lists etc. The news app grinds to a halt if you have about 10 feeds in it and now the twitter functionality doesn't work and they've had ample warning to deal with it before basic auth was switched off. Not good all round really.

5. Fancypants

Fancypants Member

I'm having trouble with the Twitter for HTC widget. I use TweetDeck too & the Twitter app for my Desire. But I wanted a fullscreen/homescreen widget. Tried the HTC one & it either continually loads on the sign in screen or tells me I've entered an incorrect username or password...I haven't. Who's fault is it? Android's or Twitter's?

6. Shallow_

Shallow_ Member

So it wasnt just my phone/account/app.. puh :)

7. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I agree. I have stopped using most of the pre-installed apps in favour of better alternatives. The email just didn't have the functionality I needed, the news feeds never updated when they were supposed to and the weather app still doesn't work properly.

I'm still using the Sense UI but that might change once I get round to trying out some alternatives.

8. Fancypants

Fancypants Member

Still can't get in to it or Peep. Says I'm entering an incorrect username/password. Is this a known problem at the moment?