• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twitter hype???

Fellow student pastor here... I double as the church digerati, so I manage the church's twitter feed as well as other social networking accounts. Now, most of our followers on that account are associational people, but we do get pinged quite a lot from it.

Now, since cell phones are practically ubiquitous with youth, the mass texting option just makes sense. How do you have yours set up? Group tweet?

i will have to check to be sure. i think it is more on the side of the recipient than it is the original twitter account. like someone can text a keyword to 40404 (twitters text address) and they subscribe to text updates for a particular account with signing up for twitter themselves. again i will have to check and i will pm you when i am sure.

Upvote 0
That's kinda what twitter is about... follow the people you want to follow... whether that be organizations, celebrities or just your friends.

I could have to check it out at some point. I guess there's no harm in it?

I've often seen people post on forums after receiving information from Twitter about things ranging from mobile phones to the PS3, so it does seem a reliable source of information.

Upvote 0
I could have to check it out at some point. I guess there's no harm in it?

I've often seen people post on forums after receiving information from Twitter about things ranging from mobile phones to the PS3, so it does seem a reliable source of information.

Just yesterday I got trapped on the east bank of New Orleans due to a massive traffic jam... was just about to spin around and drive like 35 miles around to the next bridge when twitter updated and the organization that is working on that bridge sent out some info. Seems that there was a wreck on the bridge that I was attempting to cross but it was just about cleaned up. In less than 5 minutes I was back across the bridge and back at work. Saved me about 30 minutes of driving...

Twitter stays. :D

Upvote 0
Just yesterday I got trapped on the east bank of New Orleans due to a massive traffic jam... was just about to spin around and drive like 35 miles around to the next bridge when twitter updated and the organization that is working on that bridge sent out some info. Seems that there was a wreck on the bridge that I was attempting to cross but it was just about cleaned up. In less than 5 minutes I was back across the bridge and back at work. Saved me about 30 minutes of driving...

Twitter stays. :D

Now that is a good testimonial.

I remember hearing a case of somebody who was involved in a train accident of sorts, and lost phone signal (something like that). He tweeted his followers and got word to his wife, who was freaking out prior to knowing he was okay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones