Twitter link missing in People appSupport

1. europadroid

europadroid Well-Known Member

Hi there

I managed to successfuly migrate my 'stuff' from my old Desire to a brand new One X. Well, I say successfully, but in fact it is only 'almost'. I was impressed how all of my Google contacts came back, and retained all of the links to Facebook and Skype.

However, the links to Twitter are broken. When I am in the people app I lick on the link button and the option for Twitter is missing entirely. I have deleted my Twitter account and re-added it but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. europadroid

Stumped you all eh? ;)

In addition, WhatsApp thinks the HOX is a tablet and won't work - any ideas? (I know I probably should start a new thread)
  3. I'd probably uninstall Twitter or see if it needs an upgrade? This is a stupid question, but is you One X the only account you have for the Whats App, not installed it on another device with the same phone number? My tablet and One X conflicts as its the same number.
  4. europadroid

It's not allowing me to uninstall it, only uninstall updates, which I have done. Once updates removed Twitter appears in the link contacts, but there are no contacts because the contacts won't sync. Whatsapp was installed on my old phone but I removed it a while ago.
  5. europadroid

Reinstalled Twitter, and option to sync contacts disappears....
  6. europadroid

Whatsapp is now working. The phone asked to update to 4.04 which it Did ok. Didnt fix Twitter though.
  7. europadroid

OK, time for a bit of mild hilarity. Looking through my accounts in 'accounts sync' I realised that although Twitter was there, Twitter for HTC Sense was not. So have added it, and hey presto now all my Twitter accounts have linked to my people app. I can sleep easy tonight. Now the phone wants to do the JB udpate as well, maybe another day :D