• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Twitter Problem

bamaredwingsfan

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2009
Cullman, AL
twitter.com
Ive noticed that with the last few roms ive been running, that twitter contact sync is broken for me. No matter which rom i try it will not complete a contact sync. Ive tried Cyanogen, UD, BB, LiQuid, and Sapphire, still will not work. I wipe data, cache, an dalvic with each install so to have a fresh install, i even deleted all the twitter data from TB, and installed fresh from the market, but still no go. Is there some problem going on with twitter at the moment as to why this is happening?

No9t sure, but I noticed last night that sync was going continuously and I had twitter contact sync enabled - I disabled mine and it stopped going continuously.

maybe something broken in the latest Twitter APIs?

I had that problem for the last 2 months. Yeah, when the contact sync begins, it will try for every and then just freeze. Then if you uncheck an then recheck to start the sync back up it starts getting errors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones