Twitter stopped

Last Updated:

1. ellisd5

ellisd5 Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Hero yesterday, I have one of my pages as twitter which worked fine, but yesterday evening it stopped refreshing. I logged myself out of Twitter this morning as I hoped it would sort itself out but it didn't. I logged back in again, but it displays "no tweets" although it has logged me in.

I tried submiting a tweet, and that said something about not being able to sync with the server, but checking on twitter website directly, it did get sent.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

Which mobile company are you will? I know there's a problem with Peep/Vodafone, so I'm using Twidroid and it does all I need/want.

Chegs.

3. ellisd5

I'm on Vodafone, although its an unlock handset and also im using my home wifi at the moment, so I'm not sure how much Vodafone comes into it, I have no idea how the app works tho but that might be useful information.

Just annoying, worked like a dream for most of yesterday!

4. ozy

ozy Member

5. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

Not really sure what's going on here, because like you've said as you're using it via Wi-fi the service provider wouldn't have any affect.

I also have an unlocked Hero on Vodafone, but can use it without problem at home, it only when out and about it doesn't work and this is the know Vodafone issue.

Have you tried clearing your Peep cache/data and starting again?

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Peep > Clear data > Clear cache

If it's buggered anyway, might be worth a blast.

Chegs.

6. ellisd5

Sorry gave you duff info, my Wifi was off, thought I had it on :( seems what you said is spot on, Twitter doesn't refresh using vodafone's internet, also doesn't update poples facebook updates, damm vodafone. I got Twidroid like you suggested, I use this when I out and about and use peep at home with the wifi, prefer peep. With the HTC update 1.6, will this be resolved?

7. ozy

ozy Member

No guarantees 1.6 will fix this.
    If 1.6 contains an update to peep and that update includes an option to use SSL instead of http, then possibly.

The point is, this is a Vodafone issue, not a Hero/HTC/Android issue, so changes to any of the latter unlikely to help except coincidentally.