• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twitter stopped

ellisd5

Sep 11, 2009
I got my Hero yesterday, I have one of my pages as twitter which worked fine, but yesterday evening it stopped refreshing. I logged myself out of Twitter this morning as I hoped it would sort itself out but it didn't. I logged back in again, but it displays "no tweets" although it has logged me in.

I tried submiting a tweet, and that said something about not being able to sync with the server, but checking on twitter website directly, it did get sent.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Not really sure what's going on here, because like you've said as you're using it via Wi-fi the service provider wouldn't have any affect.

I also have an unlocked Hero on Vodafone, but can use it without problem at home, it only when out and about it doesn't work and this is the know Vodafone issue.

Have you tried clearing your Peep cache/data and starting again?

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Peep > Clear data > Clear cache

If it's buggered anyway, might be worth a blast.

Chegs.

Upvote 0
Sorry gave you duff info, my Wifi was off, thought I had it on :( seems what you said is spot on, Twitter doesn't refresh using vodafone's internet, also doesn't update poples facebook updates, damm vodafone. I got Twidroid like you suggested, I use this when I out and about and use peep at home with the wifi, prefer peep. With the HTC update 1.6, will this be resolved?

Upvote 0
No guarantees 1.6 will fix this.
If 1.6 contains an update to peep and that update includes an option to use SSL instead of http, then possibly.

The point is, this is a Vodafone issue, not a Hero/HTC/Android issue, so changes to any of the latter unlikely to help except coincidentally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones