• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help twitter updates over 3g

Newarvuti

Nov 4, 2011
It is a problem, including because I use twitter daily. If at home, but I can use twitter app without problems over wifi. When I try to use twitter app over 3G Internet, it loads for very long time and mostly I don't get tweets. I can use facebook and surf Internet without any problems. I also tried mobile web twitter, works fine but it is easier to use app. What could be the problem?

It sometimes brought the tweets, but mostly not.

I did, what you recommended. Then immediately retrieved the tweets, then I tried to reply to another person - same thing again.
First the problem was with Plume, now I moved over to official Twitter app. I even had problems with logging in to Twitter over 3G with official Twitter app, although I had no problems with downloading it from Market.

I also kept an eye on data indicator in the status bar. It shows, that data is moving over H/3G both ways, while trying to send a tweet.

Oh, and my internet should be around 2Mbps download and 384kbps upload. Haven't had problems with slow internet earlier.

The last tweet, that I tried to send. It took about 10 minutes and then it showed, that tweet couldn't be sent. I went over on Wifi and then it went through.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones