1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

TWLauncher and home page weather widgetSupport

1. eonelson

eonelson Member

Maybe my daughter was right and this is too complicated for me - but I love the phone.

Now getting TWLauncher stopped unexpectedly - force close message.. . All I can see is that my hom page weather/globe doesn't work, and it is irritating to force close. I have read numerous messages about different launchers, rooting (?) etc. and don't know which to try. I'm willing to reset to factory default if I can but can't figure out how to.

I just want it to open - and if it means I shouldn't use an app, so beit. I removed all the apps I had downloaded (3-4) but that didn't make a difference.

Looking for some fairly straightforward advice. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Eileen

Advertisement
    :
  2. androidphiltn

androidphiltn Active Member

Well... Not sure what you have done, but as long as you have not downloaded many things... Than a reset should be a good quick fix. From the home screen hit the menu buttons. Go into privacy... then select factory data reset. Should be good after that.
    eonelson likes this.
  3. USCellularAndroid

USCellularAndroid Well-Known Member

If the factory reset doesn't work, try this...

from the home screen hit: Menu - settings - applications , then find the two apps/widgets your are having issues with and click on them. From there, you can click "clear data" then force close.

Turn off the phone then back on... this should reset the actual application/widget.

Let us know if anything works!
    Lynz, jamoosh and eonelson like this.
  4. eonelson

eonelson Member

US Cellular Android -- I'll try that - and I am expecting you are at US Cellular here in Madison which is where Igot my phone - West Side, Target Plaza - so if it doesn't work I may come and see you. Thanks

Eileen
  5. eonelson

eonelson Member

Thanksfor the help. I cleared the data and it now works again.

:)
    Thanks again.

Eileen
  6. eonelson

eonelson Member

The time in my notification bar at the top of the phone is not working - this is the time right next to the battery icon. My weather phone is right but the bar phone isn't working at all. I can't find where to adjust that - if I can.

Thanks again.

Eileen
  7. eonelson

eonelson Member

I tried the clear data before trying factory reset. The widget reset but that's what seems to have locked the info bar on top. I finally did a whole reset and then the info on the bar returned to normal, the time, the battery level, etc. So for now that works.

I didn't have a lot on there so didn't mind losing info and synced back to google.

But if I do get a lot on there and have to reboot - how do I save data? I can't see anything in the manual about it.

Again, thanks for all your advice.

Eileen.
  8. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I've been using Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets, having no issues with either. If you would like an alternative to consider.
  9. Deonta1984

Deonta1984 New Member

my twlauncher isnt the same,
    jus got a mesmerize phone And started downloading different apps,when I went back to the home screen at the bottom of my phone where it showed phone, contacts, messaging,and applications now only shows messaging and applications
    What happen I would like for it to go back to normal:confused: I tried diff launchers,but dnt like them
  10. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

This was answered in the thread you started with the same question.