two (2) email apps ship with t-mobile G1Support

Last Updated:

1. thbrowne

thbrowne New Member This Topic's Starter

I have two (2) email apps that shipped with the G1 - and have turned both on - I only want to use the one with the @ and NOT the other one -

How can I delete the one WITHOUT the @

or if that won't work how do I turn it off

thb

Advertisement
  2. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

I'm sorry.....what? o.o

3. dynodroid

dynodroid Well-Known Member

Yeah, holy shit. You gotta work on explaining things. For reason I feel as if I understand what you're talking about which only goes to say that I'm getting used to this broken english stuff. Err.

Anyway, the Email application is the one with the @ symbol on the icon. The other email app I'm assuming is the gMail application.

Being a Google phone I don't see how you could use it without gMail but if those are your wishes then, so be it.

I would suggest disabling the notifications on the gMail application, and then setting up your e-mail that you want to use through the Email application. They will both still be working but at least you'll only get notified by the one you want to use.

Other than this, I don't see how you have any other option. I could be wrong though.

4. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Great deduction skills...I probably never would have got that....now I understand what's going on...

I think he wants to COMPLETELY remove it from the phone so that he never sees it again....which would be pretty pointless...

But the only I can think of doing it....is through the applications list and uninstalling it.

5. dynodroid

dynodroid Well-Known Member

Yeah but he wants to get rid of gMail, and that's impossible. You can't uninstall, nor would you even want to.

He can get away with not using it, but he can't get away with uninstalling it.

6. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Yeah I know...it defeats the whole purpose of having the phone (sort of...)

7. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

He can not delete a native app ....

but one is for gMail and the other is for setting up POP-Mail accounts ...

then afterwards the icon that was used to setup the pop-mail is now what can open the mail view/delete/forward/etc ...