TWO dead HTC Desire HDs completely dead for no apparent reason. Help?Support

1. Keir

Keir New Member

So I've been camping for a few days and charging my phone here and there but inevitably it has died completely. I didn't charge it for a while and now it won't charge at all. The orange LED doesn't light up, the phone doesn't switch on, I can't even get to the factory reset menu by holding down the volume down button and pressing the power button.

I haven't dropped it, it hasn't been wet at all. I just let it run flat and now it's dead.

So I'm in the vodafone store now and one of the staff here tried a few different chargers to no avail. So he took the battery out of HIS Desire HD and into mine. Still no luck. But now get this... NOW HIS PHONE WON'T WORK!

Somehow having his battery in my dead phone has caused his phone to die.

My best theory so far is that I might have removed the battery while the phone was connected to the ac adaptor and he did the same. It advises not to do that in the manual...

Any advice? Anyone having the same problem? It'll be a couple of weeks before I'm back home and another couple of weeks before any service centre can fix it. Any help would be appreciated...

Advertisement
    :
  2. kudoboi

kudoboi Active Member

wait fr em to fix it
  3. Davedup

Davedup Member

Mine did the same. Sent it back for repair. Took a week to repair and return.
  4. Keir

Keir New Member

Thanks. I'm taking it to the repair centre now.
  5. fahrenheit45

fahrenheit45 New Member

was your phone fixed already? it happened to my phone as well. when i bought it to a service center, we did the same thing with the battery...i was hoping it would work so that at least we could isolate the problem to the battery but nothing happened on my phone when we used the new battery. :(

we have a very limited HTC service center here and i just would like to know what is wrong with it...

hope you could let us know.
  6. ssenator00

ssenator00 New Member

Hi, I have 2 Desire HD phones, one died...was on, working great, didnt drop it or got it wet. Turn it off as everyday to charge it, but the orange light didnt turn on...and now it does not turn on, nor to boot screen, nothing! change the battery and battery cover with the other Desrie HD, but still the same...

Those of you that sent your Desire HDs to service, did they tell you what the problem was? thank you,

Gus
  7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums Gus - thanks for joining! :)

I am not sure if you will get a reply, as this thread is a couple over a year old and others who have posted have only had 1 or 2 posts here.

The DHD ships with a 2 year manufacturer warranty... depending on how long you have had it, it sounds like you may be best trying to get in touch with your carrier to arrange a repair/replacement :)