Two G1's - Possible to copy OS from one to other?Support

Last Updated:

1. elboopo

elboopo Member This Topic's Starter

I've got two G1's at the moment, one with official UK TMobile Cupcake, and the other with manually installed U.S. version..

Is it quite straightforward to backup the UK OS image and install it on the phone with the U.S. OS ?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

You'd need to be rooted for something like that to be even close to possible. I'm not really sure but I think you could do a nandroid backup and possible restore it to a different phone, but like I said that's only if you were rooted on both phones in the first place.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

As shivers said you would need to be rooted on both phones ... and then have made Nandroid backups ... and then have installed to your PC the SDK tools ADB and fastboot ...and windows drivers ...

I have written (a yet to be posted guide) to restoring a nandroid backup ...

Let us know if you want to root both phones and to which OS UK or US ...
    there are guides to rooting on here and other forums ... there is one guide in my signature below ....should you care to use it ...

4. elboopo

Thanks.

5. elboopo

I won't bother fiddling with both phones then, I'll just try and get mine back onto one of the U.K images.. Do you know of anything online that gives a comparison between the different images out there at the mo', Devolio/Hero etc...

Rgds

6. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Check out this site. It is the most detailed chart out there for build comparisons.
    JAB: Android ROM Build Database v7

I'm very partial to theDudes builds myself.

Hope this helps.