1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

two general Android usage questionsGeneral

1. FortKnox

FortKnox Well-Known Member

Hi all, I've been an Android user since one week after the first Android phone (the G1) hit the market. So in general I know what I'm doing in Android-land... except these two odd use cases that recently started on my 3rd Android phone, an LG Optimus F6 D500 running Android 4.1.2:

1) I'd love to know how to uninstall the "Alarm/Clock" app that I installed? It doesn't appear by name or by icon in Google Play's list of installed apps... It also doesn't appear in AppRemover's list of installed apps. Grrr... I switched to another alarm clock app with different features, and I want the space back. Are there any other routes to uninstalling an app?

2) Sometimes, new apps are appearing out of alphabetical sequence in the apps list and appearing at the end of the list of apps. I go looking for that app alphabetically, and when I don't find it, burn through too many cycles finding a replacement. Then later I find it incorrectly at the end of the alphabetized pages of apps. Then they sometime later magically fix themselves and move to the correct alphabetical slot. Does anyone have an inkling what fixes this? Correcting this doesn't appear to be linked to a reboot, since I do that daily and noticed apps were still out of alphabetical order afterwards. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks,
    FortKnox

Advertisement
    :
  2. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

1) You'll need to root, since it's likely a system app
    2) Not sure. It'sp robably something that LG does with their launcher. Does it have a 'recently installed' list on the device? Many OEM launchers do.
  3. FortKnox

1) Oh, maybe I didn't install that. Huh. Thanks.
    2) No, but I forgot-- software won't alway work the way it used to-- there is a thing called "upgrades." Oh right, there is that. Thanks for the reminder...
    :)
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I moved this thread to the forum dedicated to this phone.

1.) Why do you need to uninstall the app? Can't you just not use it? I don't have your phone. Mine in Settings | Apps has a listing of all the apps I installed. Some of them are pre-installed and cannot be deleted unless you are root-ed (and be careful deleting apps if you are root-ed).

2.) The "list of apps" almost sounds like the Play Store app. There are two lists and the one with "updates" is not in alphabetical order. The other one is.

... Thom
  5. bryanvazquez2

bryanvazquez2 Well-Known Member

About the first question, I removed a whole bunch of apps by going into settings, and clearing the whole app, and disabling it.

It won't show up and won't take up any space. :)
  6. hubsabubs

hubsabubs Well-Known Member

Hit the menu button on your app drawer and select Sort by / Alphabetical.
    I use ADW Launcher EX and this doesn't happen but when I was on stock loader I had to do this all the time as I added and removed apps.
  7. FortKnox

Merci beaucoup!