1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Two gmail calendars sync problem.

Last Updated:

1. Raph1978

Raph1978 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I have 2 gmail accounts and I'm trying to sync their calendars. The first one that I entered during my first boot works great, but I realized that my private phone is synced with the other a/c. When I go to settings and enter the different a/c only one of them has Sync Calendar as an option while the other one only has sync contacts and Gmail. Any idea what shall I do to get the second one to sync the Calendar as well? :confused: Thanks for your help.
    Raf

Advertisement
  2. DrBoris

DrBoris Member

I have successfully synced my wife's calendar. I assume you have sent the invitation to share access on both accounts. For some reason nothing updated until I turned the phones on and off again. I couldn't figure out how to force a re-sync, but then again I'm new to these type of phones.

3. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

The calendar can only be synced using the account initially used to setup the phone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

as has been said, the calendar can only be synced with one gmail account, and it's by default the one that the phone is registered to.

What a lot of people do is invite the one calendar to be a part of the "main" calendar, that way both entries show up. It's a lame fix, but unfortunately, for now, that's all there is.

you DO have the option of re-registering your phone to the other gmail account if you'd prefer to have that calendar---you can do so with a factory reset. I do however, believe, any apps you downloaded will no longer exist, since they belong to the other gmail acct.

Also, since when it "a/c" an abbreviation for "account"?? I thought you were talking about air conditioning at first :D

5. Raph1978

Hi guys,
    thanks a lot for the info. I'm gonna have to invite the other calendar and sync them in that way :)

TheSultan => The term a/c is used also in banking for accounts (or shall I say its used in the UK where I spent many years :) )
    Also yes, when you do a hard reset, you do loose all the apps and its just a hassle to reinstall them as I did that once. Whatever the fix is, its good to me as long as it works :) .

6. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

just bustin' on ya for the a/c thing brotha ;)

7. Raph1978

lol, I was about to make a comment about americans for that ;) . Once again, thanks for the help. Now its all running smoothly :)