two inc's..two computers..2 days..all methods..2 sd cards..all failed...

Last Updated:

1. Patsum

Patsum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have 2 droid Inc's... 2 sd cards.. the verizon 2 gb and an 8GB sd kingston..and 2 computers...a desktop and laptop both XP pro SP3 32bit..
    two days later with all 3 methods in the 10 minute video and Rooting guide including sd card pop out and pop in method..all failed..

they all do the same thing though and I feel like I must have done something wrong

I get this error in CMD
    http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6272/problemtc.jpg

after I type in loop and hit enter, it tries for 5 seconds then ends with that.

whats the problem?

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Personally i'd wait until the weekend is over. I'm sure by then some new methods will surface, or some sort of app that will simplify the process will come forth. Also unrevoked is working on unlocking nand which will allow us to do more with root than is possible now. Its still a work in progress, unless you absolutely need some of the features that root enables i'd wait at least a week and see where things go. Just waiting a couple days may reenergize you to try it again as well, just don't get too frustrated, there are alot of people in the same boat as you.

3. Patsum

Patsum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the tip, I only ask as one of the INC's I have I just got as a replacement for crappy sound quality so I have 10 days to test root on my old one so If I brick one phone I have another to use :)

4. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Can you connect to adb while the phone is on for normal everyday use?

What I would do, delete everything that you have done to attempt root, delete the sdk, uninstall htc sync and the driver helper, format sd to FAT32, start fresh. use the sdk file from the 10 minute root thread (it includes the superuser.apk etc) and only install the packages that are relevant to 2.1 and the usb driver package. Don't worry about HTC sync, it's not necessary. After everything is installed, make sure adb recognizes the phone on normally. Boot into bootloader with the sd card popped out, run the loop.bat, highlight recovery and hit power. As soon as you hear the windows disconnect chime start, push the card in. It's repeatable for me 9 out of 10 times.

5. ximfinity

ximfinity Well-Known Member

I started getting that message too.. i think it was a good sign cause it worked after i was getting it. Try not using the loop bat now.. just type adb shell after you stop hearing noises from the pc using the method described pushing the card in at the chime. Also play around with when you put the card in. a little before and a little after the chime.

6. Tony N.

Tony N. Well-Known Member

It's all about timing my friend. I couldn't get it to work either but someone posted a new method where you remove the sd card then insert it just at the right time and that worked for me. No other method worked.

7. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

For who?:rolleyes:
    After doing that very thing about 1,000,000x's I can say the LOOP.BAT code is 100% bug free!

8. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

i havent had much luck, i will hitup a windows restore to wipe everything i have done and give this a shot. I appreciate all the little tids bits, its all about timing!!!

9. sShadowSs

sShadowSs New Member

10. cdd543

cdd543 Well-Known Member

For me the guy on xda that posted about using the clock and clicking the card in starting at the same time you hit recovery and then adding one second each time did it for me. my sandisk 8 gig card hit at 2 seconds after hitting recovery long before the windows beep.

11. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

I have tried for a week no luck, so I went to walmart and bought a brand new 2gb PNY card worked the first time sweet I finally have root:D