Two issues

Last Updated:

1. 02keilj

02keilj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so first off I have an 8gb card in my hero and its getting kinda full, problem is there is a lot of data left on there from apps i no longer use. Since i am now on 2.2 some apps have moved there completely.
    I would like to start of from scratch and wipe my card and then use titanium to restore all my apps. I also dont want to lose pictures etc.
    Is there an easy way to remove everything unwanted from the card? Even if i just have to save the pictures folder and titanium folder to my PC and transfer back later. I would then like to reformat the card and create a new EXT partition so i have a 'clean' card.

Second problem, Today I was getting a lot of FCs of various things. They were happening for no apparent reason. Since i had a bit of a problem the day before also i decided i would just do a full wipe and reflash 2.2. that all went to plan until it came time to download titanium backup from the market (which i had paid for). It said it was already downloading but nothing was happening. I tried to cancel it in the hopes i could start it again but i got a FC (market.process.vendor or something). I did a full wipe again and reflashed and had the same problem so i reverted to a nandroid backup i made a few days earlier on 2.1
    Just tried flashing again to 2.2 after another full wipe and i had the same problem, i downloaded an apk for titanium this time and instaled using astro (which also appeared to be downloading in the market but not actually doing anything, i was able to cancel and retry that one though and it worked). So now titanium is restoring my apps and i will run market fix after that is complete.
    My question is if anyone knows what causes the market to do that and if there is a way i can prevent it?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You mention being on 2.2 and also creating a new EXT partition, so I'm assuming your ROM uses Apps2SD? The safest, if not exactly the quickest, method would be to copy the contents of the microSD card to your PC and then replace any content you wish to retain e.g. /dcim, /nandroid, /TitaniumBackup plus any media folders after repartitioning.

As to that Market problem.... it's a known issue with Froyo that awaits a fix from Google. I overcame it first time around by clearing the Market cache on my handset, but the second time it bit me this solution didn't work. Using Titanium's "Market Doctor" feature to relink my apps right away after restoring from backup (and before accessing the Market) appears to have fixed it when I updated my ROM a few weeks ago - I've had no problems since.