Two issues??

Last Updated:

1. dionick

dionick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had my Desire for about 6 wks and love it.Always been a bit bemused when ive read the battery threads because mine has always been really good.......until now:mad:.I had it back from HTC on Wed so am still gtting apps and sorting out my set up etc.Went too bed at 11 last night with 55% battery.All wi-fi etc switched off.Woke up late because my alarm never went off:mad: to find the phone off cos the battery had gone:confused:.What the hell could be draining my battery that quick when its just sat doing nothing:confused:.

My next problem is a bookmark one.I have the large bookmark widget on one of my pages.I have Dolphin as my browser.I have managed to delete all the stock bookmarks in the widget(twitter etc)and have left just google.My problem is adding new ones to the widget:confused:.If i go to the bookmark page i have google and Add widget to choose from.If i add an address it does not appear on the front page,but if i then open google >menu>bookmarks it is there??.

Any thoughts????

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

battery could be an app running in the background like for example a gps app or instant messenger pulling data all night. try closing all app before you go to bed, and also try putting the phone in airplain mode over night. There is an app called spareparts on the market that will tell you whats been using your battery.

add the bookmark in the web browser, and it will show in the widget.
    so go to the browser, go to the page you want bookmarked, hit menu/bookmarks/add boomark (or whatever the browser says), the bookmarks should now be in the widget, if not try removing the widget and re adding it to the screen.

dionick likes this.
  3. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

Don't forget that airplane mode turns off all wireless signals, so no phone calls or messages either.

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

Yep, but no one calls me during the night anyway, so it doesnt bother me.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do you use Flickr? That is a known battery killer.

6. TEK-WARRIOR

TEK-WARRIOR Member

Thought i would throw my veiw about the app ((SPAREPARTS)) in, extremely good little app for monitoring whats using the battery :D

7. dionick

dionick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been going through my apps and deleted the sky news/sport app yesterday and it made a big difference on my battery over night.Hopefully this was the drain and i will now go back to a decent battery life.:)