1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Two lg optimus 2x questions.Support

1. andsa

andsa Well-Known Member

Hello, i got my lg optimus yesterday and i was seriously disappointed somehow with two things.

The upper sonversation speaker on top of the phone: the speaker sounds like its going to blow or are heavy overloaded or get deffect... is that normal? cause everything on the phone are perfect exxept the sound quality while i have a phone conversation, so i have to turn on the big speakers under the ohone, then the sound goes normal,

Question 2:

Optimus have 512mb ram, but when i use advanced task manager and kills some programs i dont need, i get maximum 186mb left... wtf? does the frickin android os take over 300 mb ram alone?!?:S

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Have you tried getting the latest baseband?

With regards to RAM, the full 512MB isn't available to the user, 128MB is reserved for the chipset
  3. andsa

andsa Well-Known Member

I updated the phone to the latest update yesterday.

then how come desire hd have 200 mb more ram and have 400 free memory for apps but lg only gives 180-200 mb free?

And how come that when i use advanced task manager and kill all apps, then putting down task manager,then open it again, all apps i just "killed" and a couple more are up and runnung again?-.-

That seriously slow my unit dramaticly, even for a dualcore phone...
  4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Because that's how Android works, it knows what it's doing... forget about the task killer.
  5. andsa

andsa Well-Known Member

Ok.

But i have now rooted my phone, what features can i do to my phone now ?
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Install ROM Manager, flash ClockworkMod Recovery and take a backup first.

Use Titanium Backup for something similar.
  7. andsa

andsa Well-Known Member

Ok, but what can i really do by rooting? can u tell me all the features u have done to ur phone? and maby more possible usefull features?
  8. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Well the obvious one is that I've binned off the stock ROM and installed CM7.

Root explorer I use a lot, and quick boot is a handy thing.