• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two More Probems With My Eris

tater259

May 23, 2010
For some reason when someone text messages me it plays no sounds. Just started it today. I checked all volume settings and everything is on. Even selected a new ringtone still no go. It plays sounds so its not the speaker. Any way to fix this?

Also I fixed my numbers not coming up in my gmail contacts sync last night. Now the phone wont recognize my gmail contacts. I made sure all sync settings were turned on. Anyone know how to fix this. Search the forums and went to manage appications and cleared all google apps still no go.

Phone is still on 1.5

For some reason when someone text messages me it plays no sounds. Just started it today. I checked all volume settings and everything is on. Even selected a new ringtone still no go. It plays sounds so its not the speaker. Any way to fix this?

Also I fixed my numbers not coming up in my gmail contacts sync last night. Now the phone wont recognize my gmail contacts. I made sure all sync settings were turned on. Anyone know how to fix this. Search the forums and went to manage appications and cleared all google apps still no go.

Phone is still on 1.5

Are you sure you used the volume key to confirm each ringer? That's a step I found was needed after making a ringtone change.

But, also, it sounds to me like one possibility is the syncing going insane over the added/changed info.

I'd start over, right from the beginning as if all contacts were new and resync.

If you have specific sounds set up for some contacts, maybe that got messed up for the same reason after the changes.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you used the volume key to confirm each ringer? That's a step I found was needed after making a ringtone change.

But, also, it sounds to me like one possibility is the syncing going insane over the added/changed info.

I'd start over, right from the beginning as if all contacts were new and resync.

If you have specific sounds set up for some contacts, maybe that got messed up for the same reason after the changes.

yes I made sure both volumes were all the way up. Including the main phone.

Ok I will try to resync and start from fresh maybe it will fix it. Thanks for the info

Upvote 0
fixed the sound. I went back and started brand new on my gmail account imported my .csv contact file from old phone. Did everything all over again. Still wont sync. Tried a manual sync and a auto sync still no go. Is there a setting somewhere im over looking that may of been turned off now allowing it to sync? Im getting my emails from gmail so not sure

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones