1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Two music Apps?General

Last Updated:

1. Limit Break

Limit Break Member

Does anybody else have two music apps? I have one with headphones as an icon and the other is an icon with a disc and music note...
    It wouldn't be that big of a deal except that one (the headphones icon) decides to randomly run in active applications without me even going to it in the first place.. furthermore, I can't delete either of them.. just wondering if anybody else has this "issue"

Otherwise, love my phone! Let me know, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

Yes, as of the new update, the "headphone" one was added, but the other one remained (though if you had it on a home screen it be became disconnected from the app itself, causing people to have to bring it up front again). I've not had any issues with it running by itself, it is crap however. ( I thought it was OK at first, but I find I need to toggle the power to wake up the phone often to keep it playing. I've been busy and haven't had a chance to look into this yet, may just be a setting change needed ). You would need to "root" the phone to remove the player.
    Limit Break likes this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I've got that second icon as well. On my homescreen i just I put the old icon in the trash and use the one with the headphones. I still see the old icon when I use the applications widget though.
  4. Limit Break

Limit Break Member

Ok cool thanks! I just need to find out why it randomly runs in the active applications sometimes.
  5. Oldschoolwax

OK Limit! I found it active when I had not activated it (though it wasn't really using any resources). You're not alone. I think I'll be ditchiing this and using the old one. this looks to have a nicer menu, but something is wrong with it. I never had any problems with the old one. They may fix it, perhaps we should all just complain about it on their forums. But I'm going to be flashing this again anyway, I just wanted to see the update, it did make some things smoother but this player, I just don't know the reason for.
  6. Oldschoolwax

OK, I believe I have it sussed, at least the activation part ( or part thereof ) The music player activates during media scanning when the phone re-boots and remains active. I'll play with it a bit more and see what else I can come up with.
  7. Oldschoolwax

I can only get it to appear after starting the phone, haven't found anything else that seems to cause it to run without launching.
  8. Limit Break

Limit Break Member

Ok I see what you mean.. And as for on my end, I put the older music (cd with note) app into trash and put the newer one (headphones) onto my home and I've noticed the old one hasn't been running in the background randomly since i've last posted... possibly the solution? will let you know!
  9. Oldschoolwax

Oh, wait, the old one was running? I thought you meant the new one. I've never seen the CD-icon player running on its own, just the new one.
  10. Limit Break

Limit Break Member

Yeah your correct Wax.. It's the headphones one that does run on it's own and it still does indeed run on it's own. It's annoying to me lol but probably just the way it has to be
  11. Oldschoolwax

Yeah, not too bad. I just got around to flashing Android Zombie v2.2. It doesn't come up on boot with that one, I expected it to being that that's just a cleaned modded stock. Not bad.

12. dontpanicbobby

Slightly off topic-What are the advantages in using a rooted device and custom ROMs Oldschoolwax? Mods you can delete this if you feel it disrupts the thread.
  13. Oldschoolwax

Well, it gives you "ownership" of the device. Rather than being limited by what the carrier wants you to have in your phone, you can control it. Kind of like if you bought a new Honda, but were only allowed to drive on Honda approved roads, this let's you take your hardware (that you payed for) where you want it to go. Some roms can be fast others more energy efficient and reliable. Some just give you something you find visually appealing or are basically stock but have things like Carrier IQ pulled out of them etc..
  14. dontpanicbobby

Thanks for that Oldschoolwax. I'll consider it once I've had my device for a while longer. There are still plenty of things I need to explore using the stock ROM first.
  15. Oldschoolwax

Yeah! Enjoy! =)
  16. BklynEnigma

BklynEnigma Well-Known Member

I believe the app with the headphones is Google Music. If you search for it in the market it won't give you the "update" option commonly shown, but if you do install Google Music, you'll notice it does update the Music app with headphones. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents :)
  17. Oldschoolwax

New music player also does not have the ringtone option the "old" one did. Yes, it seems to have google.music in the list for the new one.