Two numbers on same phone

1. Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver Member

I am tired of carrying two phones. One for work and one for personal use. I have the option to go to AT&T for my work phone and can choose an IPhone 4 or a Motorola Atrix 2. I currently have a Samsung Epic 4G that I would like to get rid of. If I can't have two numbers on one phone can I forward everything from a AT&T personal phone to the work phone so I don't have to carry both? The obvious choice would be to stick with the Android platform.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I think Sprint has this type of call forwarding, but I'm not 100% sure. I would call customer service and see if what you are trying to do is possible. They'll have the # code to set up call forwarding.
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I usually carry 2 phones with 4 numbers. On my Android phone I have Google voice set up, and on my iPhone 4S I also have Google Voice set up. It works awesome. Couldn't imagine a better set up.
    danaj likes this.
  4. Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver Member

I am currently with Sprint but would port my old number over to AT&T as my wife and son both have IPhone 4s. I just want that number to be forwarded to my new AT&T phone provided by work. Would I just buy a cheap AT&T phone with texting and then have that number assigned to the new Atrix 2? I really want to be able to maintain the old number since that is what everyone outside of work has.
  5. richphitzwell

richphitzwell Well-Known Member

Theres a number of third party services that do this already such as line2. Hate to say it but you will need look beyond the providers for this one. Its silly but they tend to not want your money for sime did's
  6. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

My boyfriend does this all the time, He leaves his work phone at home or in the car all the time, and has the calls forwarded to his Android. All he uses is Google voice.