1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Two of the Same App?

Last Updated:

1. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to get two of the same app on the phone? As in, be able to have separately both the NEW version AND the OLD version of an app?

I would love to be able to do this because some of the apps that I have are very old and are freaking SWEET.

Yet the updated versions... they are cool in their own right, but not worth getting rid of my old versions
    (ex. HTC-infringing beautiful widgets, and Live TV [the old one and the new one offer different content]).

Any ideas? Many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member

I dont think thats possible. Why not just keep the old one and don't update?

CriticalCritic likes this.
  3. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I wonder if you can rename the old APK's before you download the new one.

That would get both APKs on your phone...but I don't know what would happen once you began installation.

Would be interesting to find out.

CriticalCritic likes this.
  4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's what I have been doing, I even bought titanium backup specifically for the purpose of disabling/unlinking them from the market.

However, the reason is that I want both. I want the newer beautiful widgets widgets, and I want to put the clock on widgetlocker (maybe). But, I especially want both when it comes to Live TV. The old version has the best content, that is still accessible, that the new version has left out. And the new version has stuff that the old version was lacking (plus the new version pretty much all-around sucks for reliability). I want access to it all :D