Two or one year contract?

Last Updated:

1. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I just need some advice here. My upgrade for Verizon comes in tomorrow, and I would REALLY like to upgrade tomorrow, although I have been playing around with the one year/two year contract. I know that if I upgrade to a one year contract it will cost me about 75 bucks more, but at the same time thats 75 bucks I could save by just doing a 2 year contract. Now im running with about 400 bucks in my account until Friday(PAYDAY!!!) which is another reason why Im a little iffy about doing a one year contract tomorrow.

This is my first smartphone and as such I want it asap But at the same time Im not sure if I should just wait until Friday, or stick with a 2 year contract. At the rate these phones are popping up and advancing, im not sure if I want to go with a full 2 year contract.

So help me out here. Should I grab the phone tomorrow with a one year contract and have 25 bucks in my pocket, go with a 2 year contract and save some money, or just wait until Friday where I have some more money and defiantly get the one year contract?

Advertisement
  2. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Think long-term. For $75 I would stick with the one year contract.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Go to Sprint, save a bundle of money, and get full upgrades every 12 months as a Sprint Premier customer.

Sounds like you're living paycheck to paycheck, so the smart move is to go to the carrier with the best value.

4. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually right now im on my father's plan and believe me, its FAR less than what I would pay if I were on my own, and there is no way Im budging my dad from Verizon. Im not really living from paycheck to paycheck, its just this particular purchase is going to set me back some. Believe me, if I could, I would be at Sprint. The Evo is about the PERFECT device in my eyes.

5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I would do one year contracts too. These phones are coming out left n right, some better than ones thats out now.

6. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

if you do the 1 year contract the $75 will seem like .50 cents a year from now when you're getting a new droid with a 3GHZ processor or something crazy like that ( i can only imagine) in other words, you'll be happy you spent the extra cash!

7. sal_shawn

sal_shawn Well-Known Member

I would say if you can afford it, do the one year. But when I got my Inc I still had a year left on my Verizon contract and I was able to resign for $35, but I never actually got charged the $35. So I basically upgraded to a new phone with a year left on my contract for free.