Two person games/app?

Last Updated:

1. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just a quickie. Are there are two person games or apps for Android/HTC?

I've got a Hero and the better-half has a Magic and just wondered if there's any software available that can link them?

I'm aware of Google Chat, but wondered if there was anything else?

Chegs.

Advertisement
  2. Miss_Almie112

Miss_Almie112 Active Member

Up to now currently from the market there really isn't any other apps or games for two people. It's definitely unfortunate that the Android does not have what the Palm Pre and iPhone have with their game WordAce where you can add people to play a game. Android should develop its version of a game like that where you can link and play with other smartphone users. So far I guess google chat is the software a Hero and Magic can use together.

3. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. Maybe we can work together to make a new game.

4. Miss_Almie112

Miss_Almie112 Active Member

Yes definitely that would be a really good idea to come up with something like that. Are you a developer? :D

5. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I think there's something called Mages which is a platform for developing network games on Android. If I remember correctly, it came with Chess as a proof of concept, so it's possible that there's a 2 player online chess game out there somewhere.

As for creating a network game, I am more than up for the challenge. I've been wanting to make an MMO for the Android platform, unfortuntately my coding skills are limited to C++, so I am in the process of learning Java and familiarizing myself with the Android SDK.

If anyone wants to join in, let me know. We still need an SQL coder for the server side stuff. And if someone is familiar with the android.opengl package, please do come aboard.