Two problems I'd like to see resolved

Last Updated:

1. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's so hard to nit-pick at an already amazing phone. This is my best phone to date and I hope it will only get better.

First issue, 30FPS cap. There has been a lot of debate on whether this was intentional to save battery life, and if this will ever be fixed in a firmware update. I really don't care about gaming on my Evo, but smoother scrolling would definitely add to the user experience.

Second and more importantly, weak wifi reception. This is definitely noticeable when I simply cannot connect to wifi where I always could before. At times the signal will be so weak I won't even find the network. If this is a hardware limitation then this is good as it gets, if it's software I hope it will be fixed in a future firmware update.

My guess is, this was another HTC attempt to conserve power. If you limit power resources to the wifi radio and antenna, you won't get very good performance. (Again this is simply a guess.)

My daily rant,

cesjr02

Advertisement
  2. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

HTC and sprint are aware of the 30fps problem, and has officially announced that they are working on it.

As for the wifi, I'm not really having this problem. I haven't been in a situation around home,town, cafes where I could not pick up wifi where there was signal. My friends evo had no problem picking my EVO's wireless wifi signal either.

3. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the xda link.

4. boeman

boeman New Member

yeah, I get a very weak wifi signal at work, I'm about 15 feet from the access point... but at home when I'm upstairs, I get a very strong signal, yet my access point is in the basement.

I really can't wrap my head around the problem... especially since my personal laptop and work laptop both get strong signal at my desk.