Two problems; unlocking the touchscreen & autorotationSupport

Last Updated: 2012-08-27 16:40:00
  1. ikari82

ikari82 New Member

Hello there,

I got the SGS2 two weeks ago and while I'm quite satisfied with the device I have two recurring problems.

Sometimes when I want to unlock the touchscreen by pressing the home button nothing happens. After about 10 seconds the screen lights up a bit but it doesn't respond to me swiping the screen to unlock. Then it goes dark again. When this happens the only way for me to unlock the screen is to wait a few minutes and try again, or press and hold the power button for a while (device shuts down and I reboot it). This only happens two or three times a day and I have no idea what could be causing it. Most of the time unlocking the screen works fine.

The other problem is that the autorotation function sometimes stops working for no reason. It is still enabled in the menu, but testing the gyro function (using *#0*#) give me a big red FAIL. I can fix it by turning off autorotate, turn off the device, turn it back on and enable autorotate. Then it will work fine again for a while. The gyro test will show 'Pass'. This as well only happens like once every few days.

A few days after I got the phone I upgraded to ICS. I don't think I had the problems before I upgraded but I can't say for sure. I also installed a few apps since I got the device butI can't really say the problems started after installing a certain app. Do these problems sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member

Sounds like a software problem.
    Did you do a factory data reset after the update?
    If not try that first.
  3. megawinger

megawinger New Member

I have the same problem here..but dunno how to solve...can give me some solution..thanks...so worry
  4. megawinger

megawinger New Member

do u find the solution?or solve the problem?