• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two questions about duplicate contacts

kokopeli86

Lurker
Jun 15, 2011
My first question is that I would like to get the Google Contacts App on my phone as I think it might solve my problem. I see it profiled here but can't figure out how to download it to my HTC Thunderbolt.

If I can't do that, I need to find a better way to get rid of my duplicate contacts (many contacts have 6 or 7 versions). I had to switch to a new phone because my antenna was faulty. I backed up contacts onto my SD using MyBackup Pro because not all my contacts had been sinking to my gmail. Now I have 4-6 copies of most contacts and it's causing the phone to go quiet slowly when it needs to search through the list. Is there a solution for this?

My first question is that I would like to get the Google Contacts App on my phone as I think it might solve my problem. I see it profiled here but can't figure out how to download it to my HTC Thunderbolt.

If I can't do that, I need to find a better way to get rid of my duplicate contacts (many contacts have 6 or 7 versions). I had to switch to a new phone because my antenna was faulty. I backed up contacts onto my SD using MyBackup Pro because not all my contacts had been sinking to my gmail. Now I have 4-6 copies of most contacts and it's causing the phone to go quiet slowly when it needs to search through the list. Is there a solution for this?

Go to "view" in your stock contacts app and tick where you want it to pull numbers from (options may include google, facebook, skype, sd card, sim, phone etc).. sounds like you are doubling up.

I have mine set for Google contacts (all loaded up via contacts in my gmail account), sim card with "contacts with numbers only" so that the dialler only gives those ones.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones