• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two questions about modding Virtuous 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgoldner

May 4, 2010
I would like to integrate the battery icon set discussed here:

[Themes] Battery icons (inc) Works with multiple roms - xda-developers

...which apparently exist for Virtuous 3.1

would also like to integrate the 6-bar signal strength meter discussed here:

6 signal Bars on Virtuous? - xda-developers

I'm told that there are no changes to "services.jar" between 3.1 and 3.2 (in connection with the second change) but both apparently make reference to the "framework." I'm not a programmer; don't know what any of that means.

Bottom line, can these two changes which apparently work in Virtuous 3.1 be made in Virtuous 3.2? (And will they "undo" any other mods, such as the rotary lock screen I installed?)

Informed opinions always highly valued here.

=============================

Update: Both mods work on 3.2; running them now.

Reactions: FishDoctor
hgoldner,

I flashed the white battery icon from your link on Virt 3.2 along with the 6 bar signal strength meter from the link below and both worked fine. I have been running them for about 3 days know and haven't noticed any issues.

6 signal Bars on Virtuous? - xda-developers

Note that you have to scroll down to the 6 bar zip file toward the bottom of the thread.

Hope that helps...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones