Two Questions and need your feedbackSupport

Last Updated:

1. polecats03

polecats03 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just a quick one about GPS... say if i have it enabled but im not using goodle maps or anything using the GPS will it still kill my battery? Should i just turn it off and then turn it on when i need it? i was thinking of instaling wave secure or lookout (in case i lose my phone, antivirus for a phone seems funny). I saw that u cant accuretly find ur phone if GPS is off.

2nd question, what is the difference between Skype and Skype Moble apps? My sister lives in China and I skype on my computer but i am hardly home anymore. If i use skype app or skype mobile does it use my minutes? do i have to be connected to WiFi?

Thanks!! sorry if that are dumb questions or written poorly, in a rush...(at work, haha)

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Questions moved to the Droid X support area for you, polecat.

3. polecats03

polecats03 Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for moving it to the right section... now hopefully i will get some responces.:)

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Leaving the GPS on all the time has had no effect on battery life on my X. It only uses it if an app calls for it, so it's essentially off all the time even though it's enabled and ready to go.

Someone else will have to help you with Skype.