two questions from a new ownerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, sorry for the newbie questions:

1. How do I search for a contact from the people list? I don't want to have to scroll through all of them, but I don't see a search button other than the global search, and that does not seem to pull up contacts.

2. How do I get the facebook pictures on my contacts? I did the sync with Facebook, but it did not bring the pictures over, just the data.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member

1. Open your contacts then hit the magnifying glass to search, that should do it
    2. Sometimes it takes a while, I don't know what else to tell you on that one.

3. Vance

Thanks for the quick response! For some reason, the search button does not search within the contacts at all, I type in a first name and there is a blank screen in the results.

Also, I can't see how to remove a contact from my favorite widget. I chose direct call and I want to choose "view contact" instead. But I don't see how to get rid of the one so I can add the other.

4. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Facebook pics on your contacts, I had the same issue. Long story short, I figured out I was using the built-in HTC Facebook app, which didn't import the images. I installed Facebook for Android, and when I had multiple contact info for the same people, I linked them via their FB and voila! picture is updated.

5. Markus729

This was tricky for me too, but while I was figuring out the contact photos thing, I discovered that your contacts can be labeled into categories...Coworkers, Family, Friends, vip, FAVORITES... Whoever you label as a Favorite, gets a spot in your Faves page.

6. Vance

Yes, that worked regarding the contacts and the Facebook app! Thanks guys! And the search button IS working in the contacts list, I must have been doing something wrong before.

7. Vance

Markus, did you have to do each contact manually? For some odd reason, a handful of facebook contacts have their FB pictures showing up, but not the rest. I was hoping that it was the beginning of a process of the pictures coming in, but after all this time, just a few have come up.

8. Markus729

Unfortunately, i had to do each one individually, because I imported from my work's Outlook contacts, and my Dinc didn't automatically merge multiple contacts... different or full vs. short names, etc. It's a mess, really.