• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help two questions from a new owner

Vance

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
Hello, sorry for the newbie questions:

1. How do I search for a contact from the people list? I don't want to have to scroll through all of them, but I don't see a search button other than the global search, and that does not seem to pull up contacts.

2. How do I get the facebook pictures on my contacts? I did the sync with Facebook, but it did not bring the pictures over, just the data.

Thanks!

1. Open your contacts then hit the magnifying glass to search, that should do it
2. Sometimes it takes a while, I don't know what else to tell you on that one.

Thanks for the quick response! For some reason, the search button does not search within the contacts at all, I type in a first name and there is a blank screen in the results.

Also, I can't see how to remove a contact from my favorite widget. I chose direct call and I want to choose "view contact" instead. But I don't see how to get rid of the one so I can add the other.

Upvote 0
Also, I can't see how to remove a contact from my favorite widget. I chose direct call and I want to choose "view contact" instead. But I don't see how to get rid of the one so I can add the other.

This was tricky for me too, but while I was figuring out the contact photos thing, I discovered that your contacts can be labeled into categories...Coworkers, Family, Friends, vip, FAVORITES... Whoever you label as a Favorite, gets a spot in your Faves page.

Upvote 0
Markus, did you have to do each contact manually? For some odd reason, a handful of facebook contacts have their FB pictures showing up, but not the rest. I was hoping that it was the beginning of a process of the pictures coming in, but after all this time, just a few have come up.

Upvote 0
Markus, did you have to do each contact manually? For some odd reason, a handful of facebook contacts have their FB pictures showing up, but not the rest. I was hoping that it was the beginning of a process of the pictures coming in, but after all this time, just a few have come up.

Unfortunately, i had to do each one individually, because I imported from my work's Outlook contacts, and my Dinc didn't automatically merge multiple contacts... different or full vs. short names, etc. It's a mess, really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones