Two Questions--Two Phones

1. gregg1100

gregg1100 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Ist.
    Is there anyway to de sensify the keyboard on the Galaxy S3 (GT19300 with ICS 4.0.4 ).

As you type email or message on either portrait or landscape mode, as your finger hovers over the key you require, that key and others in vicinity jump up to meet the finger. The amount of time I waste correcting word errors is getting on my wick. The iphone 4 which preceded this phone was far better in this respect. I don't do T9 or predictive text,- just about manage ordinary keyboard, lol. :D

2nd.

On my wife's Sony Ericsson (or just Sony) Xperia Arc, there is very little internal memory- about 380MB. I have put all the apps that I can on the 8GB external memory card. Even so, there is only about 45 mb free-certain apps can't be upgraded. I noticed in the list of running apps that is a lot of Sony bloatware. Keyboard sensitivity is the same as above.
    How can I make this a more usable phone for her, please.?
    Thanks,
    Greg

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Just get another keyboard off the market. Or use the other keyboard on your phone. Samsung devices usually have both Swype and the standard Samsung keyboard installed. To change the keyboard, simply press and hold on a text field, then select input methods, then choose the new keyboard to be used. Different keyboards have varying sensitivity and prediction algorithms.

For your wife, I take it the phone is new? Don't mind the running apps. Over time Android will learn what apps she usually uses and load only those to memory for faster access.
    gregg1100 likes this.
  3. gregg1100

gregg1100 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers to my questions.
    I did what was suggested and downloaded a keyboard for wait for it, an iphone. Now the Galaxy S3 is perfect for me, a real result. Just a few odd ads turning up every now and then- so far anyway.
    Apple has now lost me forever.
    Greg