Two QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. louballs

louballs Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

First post, so sorry if its in the wrong area. Is there an application that allows the phone to have tactile feedback all the time, not just when you long press a button?? It seems the phone is capable, but there is no way to set it to do it.

2nd, I know we can't push hotmail to the phone, however when i check my hotmail in my browser, I can't type emails. It selects the entire mail area but does not insert a cursor for me to type. Has anyone had any experience with this??

Thanks and hello!

Lou

Advertisement
  2. Pwei

Pwei Member

Hello and Welcome!

I'm also new to the forums but to answer your questions...
    1. There is no application to my knowledge (at the moment) that has that kind of feedback. There might be some applications later as this is an open source OS
    2. I never had problems accessing my hotmail account through the phone. Try clearing out your browser (cache, cookie, history, clear form data). This can be accessed through your browser --> menu --> more --> settings. If it still doesn't work try restorying to default under the same settings.

Hope this helps!

3. onthefence

onthefence Well-Known Member

re: hotmail
    yes, I have this same issue, i suspect it is a chrome issue, because the desktop chrome version has the same difficulty with hotmail. or maybe you could say it is a hotmail issue, although it works fine in IE and firefox for me. hopefully they will fix it and send an update!

4. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

On any website, I don't see a cursor on my G1 until I start typing. Have you tride clicking that area and then start typing? That's what I've had to do when doing a blog or a facebook entry. Yes, it does select the whole text box, but I'm still able to go ahead and start typing, and once there is text, there's a cursor that can be moved with the trackball.

Hope that helps.

5. onthefence

onthefence Well-Known Member

unfortunately, for hotmail, there seems to some other issue. it's wierd because you can type into all of the other fields, TO, CC, Subject, etc. But when you go to type in the body, it starts typing into the address bar as though you were typing in a url. hotmail is the only place i've experienced this. it's probably some weird new Microsoft thing, that the chrome team is not aware of or purposely avoiding.