Two questions:Support

Last Updated:

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i currently have a hero but am thinking of going for a milesone but i have two questions

What is the difference between a Droid and miletone ? is one UK and one USA ? (im am in the uk) - but are they effectivly the same phone otherwise?

and is it possible to get sense ui on the milestone ?

Advertisement
  2. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

The Droid is Verizon branded. Aesthetically it is the same as the Milestone, but it runs on CDMA and not GSM. It is available only in the United States from Verizon.

The Milestone is known as the GSM Droid. It runs on frequencies used in most of Asia and Europe. Since you're in the UK, you'll need to get the Milestone and not the Droid.

Another major difference between the two is the locked bootloader in the Milestone. This prohibits users from installing custom ROMs with overclocking and other capabilities. The Droid has an unlocked bootloader that's why so many ROMs and mods are available for it.

As of now it is not. And even on the Droid, it's still buggy. Perhaps when it becomes stable one of the devs over at Android-Hilfe.de or AllDroid.org will get around to porting it.

antipesto93 likes this.
  3. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

wow i had no idea...milestone is a no no for me then!! i think i will go for the desire..when the price drops...hopefully.

4. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

If you're into mods and stuff the Desire would probably be better. Since it's made by HTC you can count on people over at xda to develop on it. Unfortunately, the dev community for the Milestone is not as big. I'll probably upgrade to the Desire too once the price drops.