• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

two quick questions regarding battery life and display

asthesunsets

Mar 23, 2011
Hey guys, first post here on these boards, and I had a few questions and i figure you guys would be the best to help me.

so, obviously, in trying to get the most out of my battery, I dimmed my display down to 10 percent, and i noticed that battery life is still pretty crappy. I looked at the battery usage statistics, and it's saying that my display is still eating up 60% of my battery....really? even at 10 percent brightness? Is that accurate? What kind of usage do you guys show?

also, i was looking into buying that slim 1600 mAh battery, and was curious..does anyone know how long per mA you get with like, regular usage? like would it add roughly about an hour for 200 more mA?

any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

ohkay.. that's kind of a relief that my phone isnt extraordinarily higher than anyone elses, haha.

does anyone know about the battery life of the 1600mAh battery? like, how much better//longer it would last?

Well, that's relative to your usage. You can expect around a 14% increase. If you usually get 10 hours you'll get around 11.4.

This is assuming that your current (OEM) battery is accurate when it says that it's 1400 mAh AND the aftermarket battery is accurate when it says that it's 1600 mAh.

Reactions: asthesunsets
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones