• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two quick questions...

Echo17121

Jan 26, 2010
As this is my first android phone as well as my first smartphone ever, I just have two hopefully simple questions.

1. Do you have to sync facebook with the phone? If I don't what am I missing out on? I just really don't want every single one of my facebook friends in my phone book and also I want to have custom pix for my friends when they call and not their tiny facebook pic.

2. This is just a silly question but if I plan on buying the extended battery, does it really matter if I turn my phone on while charging it? I am having it shipped to work and I have been teasing my one co-worker who has a storm about this phone for months so I am sure she will want to see it! ;)

Thanks everyone! And Happy Incredible Preorder Day!!!

As this is my first android phone as well as my first smartphone ever, I just have two hopefully simple questions.

1. Do you have to sync facebook with the phone? If I don't what am I missing out on? I just really don't want every single one of my facebook friends in my phone book and also I want to have custom pix for my friends when they call and not their tiny facebook pic.

2. This is just a silly question but if I plan on buying the extended battery, does it really matter if I turn my phone on while charging it? I am having it shipped to work and I have been teasing my one co-worker who has a storm about this phone for months so I am sure she will want to see it! ;)

1. god I hope not.

2. Some purists will freak out by you even suggesting it. IMO, its not as good as letting it charge fully and properly, but I don't think your going to KILL your battery by doing it...

Upvote 0

1. No. God no. That would be terrible. At least for me. You CAN do it, but you don't have to.

2. No. And it shouldn't matter with the regular or extended battery. As it should be apparent in all the unboxing videos, people opened them up, popped the battery in, and started using it. If it really bothers you, use the regular battery to show your buddy (pity him and his poor Storm, I know how he feels).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones