• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Two Related Questions

Hey all,
I recently purchased my first Android OS smartphone (LG Ally running 2.1) and had a bit of a problem with it. I'm not sure if this has been covered before so I apologize if this is the case. I have tried many times to connect to my Mac's wifi, but no matter what I do it never seems to work. It always says "Connecting" for a while, then "searching" then goes back to connecting, then disconnected. I have tried restarting my router, restarting the internet sharing on my mac, etc. but nothing seems to work. I don't understand what would be the problem because I have no problem connecting my Ipod touch 4 to my wifi connection.

Also, on a slightly related note, is there any way to play music from my Android phone through my xbox 360? I found an app that will let me stream music, but the above issue prevents me from using said app.

Thanks

First off, it's not your Mac's wifi. Your Mac uses its wifi to connect to your router. Details would help. How is your wifi set up? Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps of disabling security and other wifi features to see if your device can connect? You can then re-enable things one by one to figure out what's causing trouble if your device does connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones