1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Two simple lock screen questionsGeneral

1. fuseblock

fuseblock Member

I have a new S4.

1) I want the lock screen to show a message when it is charging and what the %age is, as my old S2 did. Is there a setting for this? I cannot find it.

2) I have an alarm set for 6am every morning. The lock screen shows that I have an alarm set for 5:57am the next day. Is is this not peculiar? Can I just turn the next-alarm notification off?

Thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

1) You can have it show the percentage in the notification bar by turning on the option in Settings -> Display.

2) Do you have Smart Alarm enabled? Maybe it is picking that up that time instead of the main alarm.
  3. fuseblock

fuseblock Member

1) No, I've looked all over Settings -> Display many times. The only setting that comes close is "Display battery percentage" and that doesn't do it, that's only for the notification panel.

2) I don't have a "smart alarm", that appears to be an app to download.
  4. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

1) I know it's not specifically for that, but I offered it as a substitute. My phone is set to swipe and my wife's has a pin. We both see the charging message just fine with and without the Notification Percentage. There is something more to your issue if you do not see it.

2) Smart alarm is not an app, it is part of the stock alarm setting. Scroll down the alarm info page and you'll see options for Location, Snooze, Smart alarm and the Name. The Smart alarm has a default setting for 3 minutes, and it is reflected in your Lock Screen's alarm time. It will make a 6:00am alarm with a 3 minute Smart alarm setting show as 5:57am on the Lock Screen. I use the feature and this is how it appears to me.

We're both using Sprint S4's so you should see the same things I do.