• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Two 'stuck' downloads in status bar

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
Like it says. I started a download that didnt complete or even get started and tried to cancel it. Tried again with same result. Enabled wifi and tried a third time, and it completed. I did cancel the previous two attempts in the App Store but they still show two downloads up top, when you pull the notification list downward, they are barber poled. I can't cancel them. They are still there hours later. Rebooting didn't work, they show up again. Killing and clearing data on download manager didn't work. I'm stuck with two permenant downloads up top. Does Android even offer a way to cancel a download? Or are they stuck for good?

EDIT: my phone rebooted itself and the downloads were gone. The one time the constant phantom boots were a good thing!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones