two things i would like to fixSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lagunar

Lagunar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

guys, i would like to do 2 things with my phone that i couldn't do it yet:

1) we have a GREAT browser, and i HATE the limitations some sites make for mobile phones.... is there a way to browse like in a PC? a way to configure the browser not to tell the pages i'm in a phone? (could be another browser, i don't mind that)

2) sometimes when i'm texting i flip the phone to make the keys bigger but i HATE that the textbox stretches to all the available screen.... can i do something about it??

(if you didn't get the #2, just try to use msn with the phone flipped, you can't see the chat history while you are typing :S)

thanks guys =):):):D

Advertisement
  2. Loremonger

Loremonger Well-Known Member

HATE is such a strong word... :)

1) Some sites will have a footer on the mobile page that lets you switch to the PC site. I always just look for that. Other than that, I have no idea.

2) You're on your own, dude.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

If you can't remember what text/IM you're replying to long enough to compose a reply, then I'm not sure the phone is the problem here... heh.

4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

i agree with #2 but as 'sremick' said, it shouldn't be a major issue because you should know what message you are replying to. Regardless, I wish I can see some of the screen though.

its not a big deal, though

5. cheezwzl

cheezwzl Member

Quoting rhetoric like this only frustates people, plus it's pretentious. I hate it when people are pretentious.

6. Lagunar

Lagunar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well... bad luck, maybe you guys knew a way to do it but it's not that big deal...

now i have 2 more things i want to ask you

1) a friend of mine has an iphone4, he has MyWi (just a hostspot app) and i can't connect to his net with my captivate. i just don't see the net! maybe because it's an ad-hoc network instead as an infrastructure one? anything to do here?

2) in the default mail application you can "star" a mail, but is there any way to look for starred mails? :p

thank you guys!!!!