Two Weeks to Wait

Last Updated:

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Member This Topic's Starter

Well I had waited about two weeks for my Incredible, and after one week, I decided it wasnt for me. I felt it was a bit small, and the battery sucked. The typing just didnt feel natural due to the size of the phone. I called Verizon today, and I should be receiving my X in about two weeks. This will be a long wait.

Two phones in less than a month, i hope I made the right decision.

Advertisement
  2. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

you might get the X sooner and you made the right choice X ftw

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

The X is a great phone it took me a few days to get use to it but it's a keeper good luck with yours.

4. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

Hopefully yours will ship soon. I ordered it literally the day the ship date changed to 8/18 (sat), and it shipped today at noon.

5. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

Yeah it will ship soon. I had to get a replacement and it was supposed to ship on August 5. It ended up shipping today. I think you will get it sooner. I got the replacement ordered yesterday.

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Member This Topic's Starter

I wish I had some sort of tracking number. Since the store was unable to help me I did everything through the *611 number. I checked my Verizon webpage and didnt see anything specific on an order being placed.

7. collett

collett Member

I ordered mine yesterday and was told it wouldn't ship till 8/18, but after reading this thread I'm hoping it will ship sooner. I guess you get an email telling you it shipped? Or is there somewhere on My Verizon that will indicate ship status? Like IsaacRN, I can't tell from My Verizon that I placed an order. (I usually buy in store so have no idea what to expect from ordering through customer service.)

8. jmpdroid

jmpdroid New Member

I ordered through Verizon last Wednesday and my phone came yesterday. It is everything I thought it would be. Much sleeker than my Droid and I'm glad to be rid of the clunky slide out QWERTY. I think you'll be very happy with your decision to get the X.

9. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

we will see, i have an incredible as my personal phone and love it. work however decided to replace everyone's horrible omnia (windows mobile 6.1) with droid X's. they ordered them yesterday, ship date is supposed to be 18th hopefully it comes before then. Verizon is offering an awsome deal on the X to business accounts. $199 then 15% off then $150 rebate, so WITH tax and everything we are paying $34 for each X. you can't beat that price for an awsome phone.

10. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Well, aren't you making out! Best of both worlds!

It really is a hard decision. I had my heart set on the Incredible. I even ordered it. But the ship date kept moving (per CS) and so I canceled my order and went with the X.

I love the phone, however, I still have moments of "did I make the right decision?" I went into VZW yesterday to play with the Incredible. I love it too. I'm actually on the fence right now about swapping. I know that would be a "final" decision, and that scares me! :D

My absolute only hangup about the X is the size. While I love it, the screen is absolutely gorgeous, it's sometimes tricky for me to do things one-handed. I know this wouldn't be an issue at all with the Inc. "Sigh" Decisions, decisions.

(Not sure why it's so hard. I have an annual upgrade in February and KNOW I'll switch then anyway. :rolleyes:)

11. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

i will be switching in febuary also (upgrade time for my personal phone) mainly because the 4g (LTE) phones running andriod 3.0 should be out by then. We had one X at work last week everyone got to play with. to me it seemed ok in size in my hand but when i put it up to my head it felt like i was talking on a netbook or small laptop.

i do have the best of both worlds though, the incredible is a perfect size for those that do use the phone but still send alot of txt or emails and screen on the incredible is gorgous (more on that in a second). however if you are heavy data user and not much phone the X's screen size can't be beat, so for a work phone where i will be sending alot of emails the X will be awsome. Also one thing i noticed is even those alot of motor blur is easily removed i am not a fan of the motorola launcher, but this is android so that is easily fixed with a launcher pro download from the market. on the incredible though Sense UI is really nice and makes daily use visually appealing and really slick, it just makes alot of well,,,sense. One thing i noticed immediatly with the X is that it isn't as big as it looks in pictures and they did a great job on the buttons and making the phone mostly screen with minimal bezel (however personal gripe is that the menu and home key are in opposite places than the incredible, you can imagine how that gets to be annoying between the two phones). the X feels great also, just feels like it is built really solid, the incredible not so much but the incredible does look fancier. as for the screen, everyone at work here was excited about the screen on the X then someone asked me to my incredible up next to it, the X is so noticably bigger but then i turned the screen on. the X's screen looks great until you put the incredible next to it, then it looks very washed out. the AMOLED screen of the incredible is very bright and has amazing vibrant colors, the X looks great also until it is next to the incredible then the colors looks stale and washed out.

as for the one handed, i am the same way. i rarely use a smartphone in landscape so i always use it one handed (yes i am a huge fan of swype and similar keyboards). the incredible is perfect for one handed use you can very easily get to any part of the screen with your thumb no matter how you hold it. the X i could get to every part of the screen but it was a slight stretch to get to the upper left without changing my grip on the phone, was it a problem? not in the least so i found the X to be easily used one-handed and having swype pre-loaded saved the 5 minutes of hunting down the apk.

just my little mini-review both phones absolutly rock and it really does come down if you can handle the size or not. BTW the X fit in my back pocket just fine.

12. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

I really like the X one handed. It fits just right in my palm (no, I don't have huge hands!) and using swipe with my thumb is awesome. I have really gotten quick with it. I did get the shell/holster and the shell gives me a good grip. Just my 2 cents.