• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP 2.8.7.0 for Moto E 2015 LTE

Upvote 0
@SuperR any chance of seeing CWM Swipe I'm the near future?
If there is a demand for it, I will build it but I recently started phasing out cm11 related everything. Since cwm swipe is in that category, it is on the list of things to go. TWRP is the only active open source recovery project at the moment so that's what I have been building.

Reactions: starkraving
Upvote 0
If there is a demand for it, I will build it but I recently started phasing out cm11 related everything. Since cwm swipe is in that category, it is on the list of things to go. TWRP is the only active open source recovery project at the moment so that's what I have been building.
I'd like to see Philz Touch Recovery for our Moto E 2015 device [emoji12]

Upvote 0
Unfortunately PhilZ died when CWM died since it is based off of it. I can still build the newest versions of both off cm11 source but both of them are dead projects :(
SuperR if you'd be so kind to build the latest version of PhilZ for our Moto E 2015 I'd be ever so greatful bro, I think you'll find that a lot of people would like to have it, I know for myself I loved using it on the Moto G [emoji1] I believe the last version for it was 6.58.9

Edit: I'd be glad to test it for you also [emoji1]

Upvote 0
I may build PhilZ when I get some extra time. It is not on my priority list.
Ok, was just trying to get an answer was all and @starkraving I seen what he said before but if you go back and read just a little closer he did also say that he could build it if there was enough interest, so you'd reply to me was answered the wrong way cause I had already seen what he said

Upvote 0
I may build PhilZ when I get some extra time. It is not on my priority list.
Ok, was just trying to get an answer was all and @starkraving I seen what he said before but if you go back and read just a little closer he did also say that he could build it if there was enough interest, so your reply to me was answered the wrong way cause I had already seen what he said

Upvote 0
He said the CM/CWM was deprecated and there wasn't enough interest. TWRP is the most actively developed recovery now, making it the most compatible for non CM roms going forward. CM is making its own recovery now and CWM will likely cease at some point as Koush is part of the core team.
I beg to differ as far as TWRP being the most compatible recovery for non CM roms, in my opinion PhilZ knocks the hell outta TWRP in more ways than one and is quite capable in handling any type of rom there is out there, just some pieces of info for ya to tuck under your cap lol

Upvote 0
I beg to differ as far as TWRP being the most compatible recovery for non CM roms, in my opinion PhilZ knocks the hell outta TWRP in more ways than one and is quite capable in handling any type of rom there is out there, just some pieces of info for ya to tuck under your cap lol
Koush's quote on further development as he leaves CM to concentrate on the other ClockworkMod branded apps and services...

"Koush: ClockworkMod serves a purpose: disaster recovery and backup/restore. I don't plan to expand it beyond that scope, as I want it to remain a simple, portable, recovery. I'm content with where it's at, and as a project I consider it to be "done". That said, there are many power users that want something more advanced, which is where TWRP fills a gap."

I'm not sure if you know but as Android advances so does the scripting like when we went from ammend to edify etc...I'm just saying if its no longer supported at the source there's no point in clinging on...

Upvote 0
Koush's quote on further development as he leaves CM to concentrate on the other ClockworkMod branded apps and services...

"Koush: ClockworkMod serves a purpose: disaster recovery and backup/restore. I don't plan to expand it beyond that scope, as I want it to remain a simple, portable, recovery. I'm content with where it's at, and as a project I consider it to be "done". That said, there are many power users that want something more advanced, which is where TWRP fills a gap."

I'm not sure if you know but as Android advances so does the scripting like when we went from ammend to edify etc...I'm just saying if its no longer supported at the source there's no point in clinging on...
While that's all completely understood I still prefer PhilZ over TWRP, so if SuperR is still willing to build the last version of it for the Moto E 2015 I'd be more than greatful and would definitely use it at that point, in my opinion TWRP doesn't hold a matchstick to PhilZ and it's such a shame that they've given up on the development of it, but that does not mean that it can't be used on our device, like always it's a matter of personal preference, and to me PhilZ is where it's at

Upvote 0
It doesn't work in windows tho and I really hate the limitations of MTP file transfer... Like when you have a file with a really long name it won't copy. For the rest it seems to be OK but I haven't try to flash anything yet
If 2.8.6.0 v2-5 works better for you, feel free to continue using it. Unfortunately I am not able to find a problem to fix in 2.8.7.0 as everything is working for me.

edit: It may be a driver issue. Windows is particular about drivers and I will not be able to help much if that is the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones