• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TWRP][2.8.7.0][MS345] TWRP for LG Leon MetroPCS

I was able to flash supersu from twrp, didn't have to unlock the bootloader. But I flashed it with CyanogenMod installed.

And yea it says 4.0, but there's 4.0.1. And such. I know the right king root is partial Chinese, partial English. You'll notice it right away when going to root. The button to root is in English not Chinese. King root 5.0 is out now, idk if it works on the Leon, but it's 100% English AFAIK. I think the link to kingroot direct download of the exact version is posted here.

Never used a Rebooter, u probably could. AFAIK, the button method doesn't wipe your phone. The first time I used twrp I loaded cm12. But I use the button method to get a access twrp and view my battery life, and not 1nce has it wiped my phone. I think twrp re writes the file, but not the menu text, so it only claims to wipe. Meaning you have to use twrp to do a factory reset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K i rerooted with the latest english version anybody knw if the english versin is the one I need to use supersume The script osnt doin in for me i put it in itnal folder tried it packed unpacked ran sh/sdcard/root. sh and get, dont recovnize script so that hasnt worked for me last go was a real scare flashin it dont work i wonder if i gotta flash it off internal sd not ext which i think i tried both. Super sume I think only works on most updated version can anybody clarify please

Upvote 0
K i rerooted with the latest english version anybody knw if the english versin is the one I need to use supersume The script osnt doin in for me i put it in itnal folder tried it packed unpacked ran sh/sdcard/root. sh and get, dont recovnize script so that hasnt worked for me last go was a real scare flashin it dont work i wonder if i gotta flash it off internal sd not ext which i think i tried both. Super sume I think only works on most updated version can anybody clarify please
What version of the stock rom are you on?

Upvote 0
Im afraid of that damn supersume wich sucks cuz its workin for other but it hung me a logo after it ran successfull, rebootig rendered it unusefull so metro gave me another leon. They wont do it again I honestly thought id have a harder time gaining TWRP & that went perfect made a nandroid and renamed it in ny filenanager. I was on like 4.0 when i rooted the leon from earlyer then ran supersume and i remember supersu me saying as long as its 4.1 and up supersu me works. Maybe now that Im rooted using 4.5 it would work? Not trying without confermarion though. Google doesnt touch up on my issue anywhere I need anybody who knws more about kingroot versions to use with supersu me. Then i read somthin about runnin antutu benchmark and switchin of a 10% and somthin or other get u su over kingroot idk Im lookin everywhere and it seams theres supersume and the script terminal version. I dont know why terminal isnt pickin up on my su zip huh sooooooo stumped here and it all should be soooooo easy wow im so close to gettin rid of this damn kingroot ughhhh I needs me su man!!!!! HELP!!! Lol, uggghhh boy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones