• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TWRP][2.8.7.0][MS345] TWRP for LG Leon MetroPCS

Im on kingroot 4.0.5 version is what I mean srry. And adb that requires a pc right? And ya i ran the script from internal sd ran just the zip than ran it unpacked an days unrecognized package er somthin. I wonder if I could use script manager and run su zip that way...... Naw I think thats only for init.d scripts and v6 supercharger hnmmnm. Oh for all those who are bieng haunted by ota updates tryin to push through try Didable services app and click system update box my phone hasnt promted me since. Ok bck to gaining su ya in tryin hardcore again script insnt recognizing the su zip

Upvote 0
Try running the script in ADB. Make sure the script is on internal SD. Also, what are the numbers 4.0, 4.1 & 4.5 for? It wasn't clear when I was reading your post.
I believe those are the versions of the Kingroot apk he's referring to. If I remember correctly I used 4.0 with no trouble rooting. Then 2.5 weeks of headbanging a brick wall trying to purge Kingroot/Kinguser and supersume wasn't coming along quickly enough (despite the devs daily updates and excellent support) so I did the replace kinguser with supersu zip deal with a terminal app & es file - worked the first time (on my Leon and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4). There's a few step-by-step videos on YouTube that walk you through it. Command prompts are key, so maybe find a download link from a different source and watch a tutorial (pausing at each step will help immensely) and give it a fresh shot, if all else fails. Was my first time using a terminal emulator app and entering commands so I got to learn a little something new in the process (aside from avoiding easy, shady, foreign apps to achieve root when a perfectly effective one-click script method is readily available and proven to work on other LG Devices ). Hope you are successful @cmason37

Upvote 0
Ya they are 4.0 4.1 etc. Idk one guy said it worked for him Im not sure if I rooted 4.0 I think I did when I ran supersume app on the leon i soft bricked earlyer. This is my second leon today and ok tho thanks you guys guess im gonna let this battery charge to 100 then calibrate I mean I know Im not comin from a custo ROM er nothin but gotta try to get this battery thing a few tries. I read another guy said he had similar issues battery runs a lil hot too idk wierd

Upvote 0
So I have the initial nandroid I made when flashing TWRP. I have been renaming the folder/folders as I have read that's what you do because TWRP wont recognize The zips otherwise I guess. The backups usually flash with like 3 to 4 folders, first folder reads TWRP second folder Backup, 3rd folder is numbered 400 somthin or other. Well I cut out all the folders and renamed it, still TWRP doesn't pick up on it. I have kept the backup behind other renamed folders, does anybody know which folder to rename exactly? Its my only hope I have to run my Leon until a ROM for 5.0.1 comes out if one does.

Upvote 0
so we don't want oarange 2.8.7.0??? I thought was the correct one? Other than it not the recognizing my nandroid, which no TWRP ever does for me rename the file or not. Hmmmmm I thought yellowish oarange TWRP 2.8.7.0 Was the one to have on the Leon. I have a blue 2.6.3.0 on my F6 so I kinda like the yellowish oarange for a change but if it not the correct one than when/if a ROM comes out for this device I will switch

Upvote 0
so we don't want oarange 2.8.7.0??? I thought was the correct one? Other than it not the recognizing my nandroid, which no TWRP ever does for me rename the file or not. Hmmmmm I thought yellowish oarange TWRP 2.8.7.0 Was the one to have on the Leon. I have a blue 2.6.3.0 on my F6 so I kinda like the yellowish oarange for a change but if it not the correct one than when/if a ROM comes out for this device I will switch
Nope you want the blue twrp or cm won't flash with the orange twrp you have now download latest twrp in op then flash IMG.

Upvote 0
ya I cant change my TWRP till a ROM comes out that I could flash as I have no OS or a computer to use ADB or anything. Is there a way I could download The proper blue TWRP in zip for onto an SD card using another phone than pop that SD card with the proper TWRP needed to flash CM inside the Leon and flash that proper blue TWRP you speak of? If that might be possible does anybody have a link to proper blue TWRP? I knw where CM 5.1.1 is already. Thanks for the info, be so nice if I could just flash the proper TWRP using yellowish oarange TWRP. and I have su updated 2.46 already rooted my leon within oarange TWRP, unfortunately I have no OS. Twrp has been changed, somebody gave me a link to the wrong one no biggie thanks for helping me out everybody my phone has an os and its called CM 12.1!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im rooted on 5.1.1 software MS34510d ...I flashed twrp 2.8.7.0 img through the twrp app and installed but when I reboot into recovery or if I do it manually it boots to the LG logo and gives me an error message in the top Left corner and ideas ?
Enable OEM unlock in developer options. The bootloader is locked on 5.1.1 by default but they provide an option to unlock it

Reactions: ModifHigher
Upvote 0
(*****HUGE TIP******) Yo everyone having problems getting off orange twrp put new twrp on SD card flash IMG through old twrb reboot recovery bam new blue twrp!!! (*****HUGE TIP*****)

Can you really safely flash a new recovery with another recovery? That just seems odd and unnatural. Idk. I'm not an expert nor have I ever played one on tv. Kinda curious now. I always just used Flashify.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It seems I ****ed up my recovery.
Got a LG Leon LTE (LG-h340n), rooted with KingRoot and deleted KindRoot with SuperSU Me.
Then I wanted to flash TWRP recovery (from the app) and it gave me an error (flash was unsuccessful).
Now everytime I boot into recovery, e.g. to do a hard reset ("factory data reset"), I get an error:
"Secure booting error! Cause: boot certification verify"

Then I am stuck in a bootloop. Pulling the batterie solves the problem and I can boot into android without problems.
Any idea how/if I can fix this? D:

I fixed it on my lg h340n i used lg support tool and after connecting it right go on lg support tool > options > upgrade recovery and it fixed but you cant root :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones