• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP doesnt flash?

Onyx_Sorin

May 24, 2016
Okay so i got rooted on my lg g stylo, but i have now hit amother bump, im trying to install the recovery twrp img given in the "t mobile lg g stylo 6.0" when i try to flash it through RashR i get this error...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-25-22-07-59.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-25-22-07-59.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 238
Well to anyone who views this thread i tremendously appreciate all the help and support i received, although i'm sure it was frustrating because i'm a noob!! If anyone wants to chat i have a couple of questions about what the root can do, like how to get a custom boot image to load, and some other this like how to get XPOSED installer to work, and how to work it... Like i said i'm kinda new so a buddy to chat with to help me figure this out would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0
The best thing to do first is read all the threads ....even the Sprint and Boost threads...
It's all the same phone..so everyone is almost in the same boat...
Even reading all the"help I'm bricked" threads...they give you what you need to know to dig yourself out of a jam....
A lot of the time..it'll answer questions faster than asking and waiting..
Just saying..you know...
No one is a noob if they are here asking for help...

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
Well to anyone who views this thread i tremendously appreciate all the help and support i received, although i'm sure it was frustrating because i'm a noob!! If anyone wants to chat i have a couple of questions about what the root can do, like how to get a custom boot image to load, and some other this like how to get XPOSED installer to work, and how to work it... Like i said i'm kinda new so a buddy to chat with to help me figure this out would be much appreciated.
in regards to the custom boot image, i had one when i was on lollipop and i assume the install on marshmallow is the same but i just havent tried it yet...here is the thread i found that helped me to install it on lollipop http://androidforums.com/threads/boot-animations-kingdom-hearts-only-for-tmo-metro.923938/

you will see a notation in that thread about needing to apply the fix for the boot animation memory leak before your custom boot image will work properly...i do not know if that is still an issue on marshmallow...i would probably just try flashing the custom boot image first (in twrp, and make sure its the proper resolution for this phone which would be 720x1280) and see if its looks right

to get xposed working, first you need to flash this in twrp http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/xposed-v84-sdk23-arm.zip

then reboot and install this apk http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3383776&d=1435601440

Upvote 0
Well if the o/p doesn't mind and he asked what You can do with root. [emoji3]
Back to the weather discussion. I'v used Genie widget since the samsung admire. Copied it to system/app ,
Set the permissions Great for battery , better then lg weather. I also used goggle car home since then too. Both have never failed to help with power saving. Which is one of my interests in android.

Reactions: Onyx_Sorin
Upvote 0
i also suggest just using VIPER...or DOLBY...
i flashed the htc port audio mod that's "universal" ...it inserted mixer_path file replacements....
the ringtones and alerts were lower than before the flash...so i edited the mixer_paths with root browser and broke my sound ..
i just now reflashed the metro kdz file to see if it restores sound....
SUCCESS!!!! ...WOOOO ..GOT LUCKY!!!.now that i know what works with xposed...no more experiments....
......uhhhh...who am i kidding......

OH......i had to do the lgflash tool thingy because my TWRP backup of a MM rooted vanilla would'nt list in recover...and it's on the external...sooooo...time to delete that and redo it right after i root and b4 i get more flashtool "practice"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
since flashing exposed i've been having weather app crashes...but, i don't depend on it ..soooo..it's cool...
finally found a xposed module that'll theme the nav icons called Xstana ....gotta buy prime for all icons and notification icons..but, it werks better than layers and tweaksbox..
sorry bout being off topic...

There is a fix of the weather app/xposed conflict in the G4 forums of XDA.

Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
It's no longer a problem...
Last big issue was my mixer_paths escapades...
Then the reflash of lollipop..then not wanting to update...then rooting it before the update wanted to load..because it didn't..no matter what date or time I set the phone to..
Spoon..I flashed the mm update..things are good now...
You know.....the biggest issues I have with bricking my phone are the lamest...
Fonts and sound files man....lol..always defeating the purpose of the phone...
Back to MM again...
Unless it's 100% werking..I'm not visiting any custom roms....yeah....sure...

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
6.0 needs boku work dude . maybe as much, if not more than the custom built Roms. I have and probley will go back to my own juicy lollypop one I made . You know me, i'm always working on a few projects (lol) but 6.0 seems to be an after thought for stylo to sell the leftover inventory lg didn't get right in the first place.
The end of this one is near. Just look at the stylo 2 crappy offering.

If Build it how you want it and use it as long as you can and let them choke on it while you save your money . Maybe just maybe they'll give the end users what They really want.
Later Bud.

Last edited:
Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
i got the sound to be good nuf without Dolby or Viper...just used suuper old Bass Booster without the bass boost enabled,,the eq werks nice and clean...but as soon as you enable the "bass boost(that does werk somewhat)"
it drops in loudness...
i might give alsa mixer another try ...i can edit mixer_paths manually....alsa when it werks makes things a little easier peasier...
i'll prolly be flashing MM again..but,now i have the shortcut MM update in toto without "tricking" Lg/Metro into thinking it's last month at 11:30....
i'd drop MM for CM13 ..IF...we get lucky and a cool dev decidesthis phone os worthy..
I MEAN ..for garsh sakes...you dont have to do half the dancing it takes to make poo jive ...UNLIKE the Zmax...
i yapped @ the Broken crew and they said this phone isnt worth the trouble..
i'm sure that comment will start them lurking in stylo forums :)..
only to insult me and our far more superior phones..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones