• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP for the LG Ultimate 2

What ROM should I make for this phone?

• A port of CM11

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Stock LG L70 with no blotware and with some extra functions

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Make CM12

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Port another ROM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create a stock LG Lollipop build

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks! I am going to try all the roms and see which one I like.
And just to let know, there is also a lollipop themed ROM by another dev. You might like it more than the G3 one because the G3 one is not complete yet. But it will be in 4 days. The lollipop themed one has a lot of customizable things. Its looks really nice and complete. @edodson84 did a very good job with it.

Reactions: selw0nk
Upvote 0
I installed TWRP and got it to load. I also have request to update SU Binary and when I select TWRP as recovery nothing seems to happen. Is this correct when using Super SU. Also, if setup correctly when you push the power key to reboot should recovery be listed. Lastly how should you routinely enter TWRP. Also, where is setting to backup to SD card.

Thanks,
Al

Upvote 0
I installed TWRP and got it to load. I also have request to update SU Binary and when I select TWRP as recovery nothing seems to happen. Is this correct when using Super SU. Also, if setup correctly when you push the power key to reboot should recovery be listed. Lastly how should you routinely enter TWRP. Also, where is setting to backup to SD card.

Thanks,
Al
Don't bother with SuperSU. And what to you mean by it did nothing when you selected TWRP? To back up to the as card select the storage option when you go into the backup section. And to enter recovery download the LG G2 Tweeks box and enable the extra power options. But you can also enter it by going into flashify and pressing the menu button the selecting the reboot recovery option. Here is what the power options look like if you enable them in G2 tweeks box:

339ae9659dabb4e14f4dfe4a74163f09.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't bother with SuperSU. And what to you mean by it did nothing when you selected TWRP? To back up to the as card select the storage option when you go into the backup section. And to enter recovery download the LG G2 Tweeks box and enable the extra power options. But you can also enter it by going into flashify and pressing the menu button the selecting the reboot recovery option. Here is what the power options look like if you enable them in G2 tweets box:
339ae9659dabb4e14f4dfe4a74163f09.jpg

Fou superSU it asks to update binary and when I select TWRP and reboot it does NOT go into recovery ( this is what I meant does nothing. It boots into recovery fine with flashify, but I want the options in the boot memory. Does LG G2 tweeks box work with LG Ultimate 2. The info says it only works for G2, but if it wqrked that would solve the problem.

Al

Upvote 0
Fou superSU it asks to update binary and when I select TWRP and reboot it does NOT go into recovery ( this is what I meant does nothing. It boots into recovery fine with flashify, but I want the options in the boot memory. Does LG G2 tweeks box work with LG Ultimate 2. The info says it only works for G2, but if it wqrked that would solve the problem.

Al
Only a few apps can boot this phone into recovery. Follow these instructions to fix the SuperSU error: https://github.com/koush/Superuser/issues/233 and you will be all set. The G2 Tweeksbox works on all LG phones running the Optiumus UI. So yes it does work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The good thing about making a backup is that if you brick and need a replacement phone you can just restore the backup on the new phone. Well anyway enjoy TWRP! And here is the LG G3 ROM port if you want to install it: http://androidforums.com/threads/lg-g3-rom-port-for-the-lg-ultimate-2.918502/#post-6968938
Hi, how ya been? I see you kept going with this, that's great went to the Old Forum but was shut down??I actually just installed the TWRP and is working Great...well take care and keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
Only a few apps can boot this phone into recovery. Follow these instructions to fix the SuperSU error: https://github.com/koush/Superuser/issues/233 and you will be all set. The G2 Tweeksbox works on all LG phones running the Optiumus UI. So yes it does work.
My rom has integrated advanced reboot menu ;) and an updated reboot binary that allows most apps to reboot the device to recovery :)

Upvote 0
With TWRP having time out disabled , are you suppose to have screen timeout under display set to keep screen turned on. Also, to do backup are you just suppose to select backup , to sd card and that's it.When I did this nothing happened.

Al
Turn off the screen timeout in the TWRP settings if its on. And to backup to SD just select backup then tap on storage then press ok then swipe to back up.

Upvote 0
Turn off the screen timeout in the TWRP settings if its on. And to backup to SD just select backup then tap on storage then press ok then swipe to back up.

Made your changes and all is well. I have changed the bootanimation using xposed module. I now am trying to change the splash screen and methods seem to require accessing fastboot mode to accomplish this. I'm not exactly sure of terminology. The splash screen uses a .img or .bmp file. Do you have any ideas to do this on our rooted phone with TWRP??

thanks again,

Al

Upvote 0
Made your changes and all is well. I have changed the bootanimation using xposed module. I now am trying to change the splash screen and methods seem to require accessing fastboot mode to accomplish this. I'm not exactly sure of terminology. The splash screen uses a .img or .bmp file. Do you have any ideas to do this on our rooted phone with TWRP??

thanks again,

Al
It needs a .img file. And actully I am working on a splash screen flasher for the LG Ally but I can port that to the L41C. You don't need fastboot to flash a splash screen, but you can use it. You can flash the splash with TWRP. I have done it before on my LG Ally. Here is what it looks like on the LG Ally:

Capture.PNG

Upvote 0
Hey Ryan thanks again for sticking through this I remember when you were about to give up..lol But youstayed strong and doing an Amazing Job man...So here is a Pic of my 1st flash and zip for the Ultra...So big Question is are you going to make Kernels like 2000mhz or better in the near Future????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-21-19-47-44.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-21-19-47-44.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
Hey Ryan thanks again for sticking through this I remember when you were about to give up..lol But youstayed strong and doing an Amazing Job man...So here is a Pic of my 1st flash and zip for the Ultra...So big Question is are you going to make Kernels like 2000mhz or better in the near Future????
If I have a chance to get my phone booting again then you can be 99% sure there will be a overclocked kernel. 2.0 gigahertz is a little bit on the high side. I am guessing that 1.6 gigahertz (1600 mhz) will be the maximum for it to be stable and bootable. But of course, life messes everything up for me. So I was trying to get a build I made of CyanogenMod to work, but I can't get past the setup screen, so I am soft bricked. I need a new phone. I'm workn on it!

Upvote 0
have you tried the old trick hold down the volume button then plug in your usb to com the tap power button at least ten times till drivers are recognized when you are in command prompt???Then you can reload all stock back to the lgl41c especially a program called skiposoft as long as it can see the drivers for any android device it will get it back to stock...

Upvote 0
have you tried the old trick hold down the volume button then plug in your usb to com the tap power button at least ten times till drivers are recognized when you are in command prompt???Then you can reload all stock back to the lgl41c especially a program called skiposoft as long as it can see the drivers for any android device it will get it back to stock...
Have you done it? I am getting a new phone so I don't need to fix the old one.

Upvote 0
Yes,I have done it! the other LGL41C I have when we 1st met on the other Forum. My 1st bricked one was I tried the Flash Gordon and that failed miserably but of course got it back, I use that one for testing all the time and I Purposely Brick then fix it..... I have a half dozen different programs on my desk top just to help with android or lg phones, I test about 4-6 times, before I would do anything to the actual Tracfone I use for making calls and texting and other fun stuff.... this way I know what to do if anything goes wrong!!! I have all kinds of tricks and tips when it comes to Bricking which I have learned just by reading watching videos on you tube sometimes it's a pain in the butt that is sometimes the best way to learn !!!

Upvote 0
Yes,I have done it! the other LGL41C I have when we 1st met on the other Forum. My 1st bricked one was I tried the Flash Gordon and that failed miserably but of course got it back, I use that one for testing all the time and I Purposely Brick then fix it..... I have a half dozen different programs on my desk top just to help with android or lg phones, I test about 4-6 times, before I would do anything to the actual Tracfone I use for making calls and texting and other fun stuff.... this way I know what to do if anything goes wrong!!! I have all kinds of tricks and tips when it comes to Bricking which I have learned just by reading watching videos on you tube sometimes it's a pain in the butt that is sometimes the best way to learn !!!
I an working on my own unbrick tool right now... its a little differnt than the one I posted. It can install towelroot then run it so you can root then it installs supersu and then it installs root browser so I can move the bad files or delete them. The only issue is SuperSU won't bring up a diolog so you can give root browser root permissions. I am so close but I just need supersu to run. Damit!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones