• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TWRP ISSUES

Does it look like this?
1426527302009.jpg

Upvote 0
Sorry I thought that was the right pic, now I can't find the one I was trying to show you now...

The point I was trying to get at is, does it hang at a screen saying "factory reset processing" on a black background?[/QUOTE
No when i do the button combo and go into recovery i see a white screen and then i press yes for factory reset. But when it goes into TWRP all it does is do something called running openrecovery script and it literally factory resets the phone if you go into TWRP with the button combo.

Upvote 0

Can you get a screen shot of the the event as it is happening in TWRP (hopefully at the end, once it completes, assuming that it doesn't automatically restart)? Screenshots in TWRP are taken the same way as is normal for this phone (hold volume down and power)

Which version did you flash, 2.8.1.0 (kitkat) or 2.8.5.0 (lollipop)? If you have only done one, try the other.

Did you check the md5 sum of your download to make sure it was not a bad download? Also, where did you get the download from?

Upvote 0
Can you get a screen shot of the the event as it is happening in TWRP (hopefully at the end, once it completes, assuming that it doesn't automatically restart)? Screenshots in TWRP are taken the same way as is normal for this phone (hold volume down and power)

Which version did you flash, 2.8.1.0 (kitkat) or 2.8.5.0 (lollipop)? If you have only done one, try the other.

Did you check the md5 sum of your download to make sure it was not a bad download? Also, where did you get the download from?
I got the twrp from android forums. Also its the kit Kat one this issue also occurs on the lollipop as well.

Upvote 0
OK how do you upload that, sorry I've never done that before.
On a pc:
1. Make a copy of it to a safe and memorable place like /sdcard/download or /storage/external_SD
2. Move the file to the pc via usb or the external sd card
3. Reply to this with it as an attachment
4. Delete duplicates

On phone:
1. Same as above
2. Upload to Google Drive
3. Get sharable link
4. Post link here as a reply
5. Delete duplicate

Upvote 0
On a pc:
1. Make a copy of it to a safe and memorable place like /sdcard/download or /storage/external_SD
2. Move the file to the pc via usb or the external sd card
3. Reply to this with it as an attachment
4. Delete duplicates

On phone:
1. Same as above
2. Upload to Google Drive
3. Get sharable link
4. Post link here as a reply
5. Delete duplicate
I've already uploaded the file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones