• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP Note 10.1 GT-N8013 PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Myicha

Sep 5, 2011
I rooted my device with CWM; after rooting it was recommended for me to backup by using TWRP. Everything was done successfully, my only problem is that TWRP has used 4.56GB in Miscellaneous files from the backup. I have the 16 GB tablet with only 3.69GB of free space. If I was to remove TWRP backup from Miscellaneous files will it remove ROOT or destroy my tablet?

You can set TWRP to store your nandroid backups on the external SD card to save space in the internal 16GB memory. If you don't have an SD card I recommend getting one. I use 16GB SD cards with no problems. You can move the TWRP folder content over to a new TWRP folder on the SD card after you set TWRP to use the SD card.

To my knowledge, the only way to remove TWRP recovery would be to flash CWM, but I prefer TWRP, myself. However, switching recoveries should not unroot or hurt your tablet if done correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones