• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Twrp recovery

Hello hey is it a problem that I can't flash twrp recovery in the goo manager app it down loads, installs it's says but when I reboot into recovery it boots into cwm recovery should I use Odin to flash it in? Thanks for your help

I personally use Odin cause I don't think you are able to flash that through recovery. Download the Odin TAR and flash thru either mobile Odin or Odin pc.

Reactions: willdo
Upvote 0
I had issues with TWRP on my device, I've been a CWM guy since the Samsung admire. CWM has been deving on Samsungs longer, so I only use clockworkmod recovery.
you cannot transfer backups between the two recoveries. (ie. CWM backup will not work on TWRP and visa versa)
check out shabby penguins CWM touch V1.0.3.3 (or later)
full touch, and all the formatting/mounting/wiping/installing options plus more.

Reactions: GalaxyGurl13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones